• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New Navigation Upgrade and FLIR

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Something I always wanted since we bought our 2016 242 limited S in the spring of 2019 was a great GPS setup. The boats configuration with the contex screen left little space for the larger displays available today. I was also reluctant to drill or cut into the dash since the boat was relatively new. I’ve used the Navionics app on an iPad with a RAM mount for the past 2 seasons which was good but not great.

This year I decided to go all in and get East Coast Marine Electronics in Salisbury, MD to professionally install the 9in Garmin display.
Also since almost all of our boating ends with a return trip in the dark so I added a forward looking infrared (FLIR) camera.

Obviously I have sacrificed the use of the tow point on top of the tower which we’ve used exactly zero times.

F98731A2-76F7-40D0-AFA5-A39E5B4226F8.jpegB462F0FC-D8F1-42BA-9463-A13FEBCE8196.jpegDC2318DB-4670-4DA1-84C3-2366D3E11B51.jpegB0446700-E00C-4211-88BF-0D47669ED4A5.jpeg

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The FLIR camera is a great idea for traveling in the dark!

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I’ve seen them on larger boats charter fishing etc. we almost always are getting in after dark so it V
seemed like a good idea. What I consider the luxury part of this project was I paid for the professional install. I’m a pretty hard core DIY type but with the amount of fabrication that was necessary and the cost of the equipment it seemed like a good investment.

superglide

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
speaking of navigation. has anyone heard of any software upgrade to connex screen so it remembers your plott coarse when you turn your keys off. thanks