• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New to Group and Needing Help

Sal T

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m a new Yamaha owner recently purchasing a 2013 AR210. Boat has been in the water about a month and all of a sudden as of yesterday the starboard engine is sounding rough. I was going to try changing out spark plugs and noticed a ton of water in the engine bay today. Pumped water out with bilge pump and noticed a significant leak coming from the jet pump (intermediate housing?) I need to get the thing out of the water and take care of it. I think that’s the only place that’s leaking. Is that unusual? Is it an easy fix? And, could that be causing the engine to run rich and make it that engine run rough? I hope that all made sense. Thanks in advance for any help.

Acard7

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Below is a link to my intermediate bearing repair on my AR230 with the MR1 motors.

Intermediate bearing replacement

Mine was gushing water in due to the seal was bad, so you replace the entire housing. It looks intimidating but it actually wasn’t too awful to change.

As for your engine trouble, change the spark plugs, check your oil level, and check your air filter to make sure it’s clean. I assume by “sounding rough” it’s losing power and lagging. Also make sure you didn’t suck up anything in the impeller, so pull the clean out plugs and feel around the impellers. The smallest of things can make you have a total loss of power due to cavitation in the pumps.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check the impeller shaft For debris.