• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

new toys for the garage.... cars or anything

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Since we moved to the lake just over a year ago, and I have been working from home, I have not been using my truck as much. So when my lease ran out on the truck, I just kept it instead of leasing a new one. (market is good, and I will not loose a dime on it)

So we replaced our Wildcat 1000 SXS with this shiny Polaris General 4 with Ride Command! And yes, I put a whole ton of farkles on it already! Wifey loves the dry ride and festive nature of riding with another couple!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20210830_165959.jpg
New can am maverick x3.

Bought from a 65 year old couple. The previous max speed was 68. I beat it just driving it to put it inside. 77 mph on gravel and it will easily do 85. 20210831_162530.jpg

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got one of those myself. 2018, not stock...lol Top speed has been 103 so far.

View attachment 162167
Turbo r Or rr ?

Yeah the tires they put on it were rock crawlers and heavy. What tire are you running on the rear?

Also just spent 1600 tonight on tools and accessories I bought the xrp bulkhead. Thoughts on that? I read that will flex and break. They guy brought to the shop and had it tied down to there. I was like crap. Order it now before breaks at little Sahara.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Turbo r Or rr ?

Yeah the tires they put on it were rock crawlers and heavy. What tire are you running on the rear?

Also just spent 1600 tonight on tools and accessories I bought the xrp bulkhead. Thoughts on that? I read that will flex and break. They guy brought to the shop and had it tied down to there. I was like crap. Order it now before breaks at little Sahara.
I will shoot you a Dm

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Since we moved to the lake just over a year ago, and I have been working from home, I have not been using my truck as much. So when my lease ran out on the truck, I just kept it instead of leasing a new one. (market is good, and I will not loose a dime on it)

So we replaced our Wildcat 1000 SXS with this shiny Polaris General 4 with Ride Command! And yes, I put a whole ton of farkles on it already! Wifey loves the dry ride and festive nature of riding with another couple!
No idea why the photo went away, but it's worth sharing, it just needs a big old Phoenix on the hood and "Bandit" on the side!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No idea why the photo went away, but it's worth sharing, it just needs a big old Phoenix on the hood and "Bandit" on the side!

Is it photo perspective or are the rear tires a smaller diameter than the fronts? If they are different; Why?

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it photo perspective or are the rear tires a smaller diameter than the fronts? If they are different; Why?
Great question, these are the stock tires in the other photo, I have since replaced. It is somewhat perspective, as they are the same height front to back.

The wheels are all 14" and the tires were all 27", but Polaris and most sxs brands will put 11" wide on the rear and 9" wide on the fronts for better steering. It's pretty common practice. Now with EPS on most models, the square tire setup is common on high end models. Like the Polaris XP versions of this animal. 30x10 all the way around. But yet, they still put a different tread pattern on the front for better handling.

I replaced these stocker 27" for 29" Bighorns, as I had great luck with them on other machines, and the noise is significantly better. But I still kept the same ratio of 29x11 rear and 29x9 up front.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great question, these are the stock tires, I have since replaced. It is somewhat perspective, as they are the same height front to back.

The wheels are all 14" and the tires were all 27", but Polaris and most sxs brands will put 11" wide on the rear and 9" wide on the fronts for better steering. It's pretty common practice. Now with EPS on most models, the square tires setup is common on high end models. Like the Polaris XP versions of this animal. 30x10 all the way around. But yet, they still put a different tread pattern on the front for better handling.

I replaced these stocker 27" for 29" Bighorns, as I had great luck with them on other machines, and the noise is significantly better. But I still kept the same ration of 29x11 rear and 29x9 up front.

Amazing how the skinny fronts look so much taller than the wide rears.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The "Other" boat! LOTS of fish out of this boat, I think we've counted over 15 species so far out of it!

I love it, it's perfect size and great layout with all the amenities!

25hp 4-stroke Merc (upgrading to 60 next year)
80lb 24v Fortrex
10ft Talon
4 scotty rod holder trolling rigs
Helm & bow Lowrance
Livewell
Rod locker
Full Interior LED lighting

Converting to the waterfowl boat this fall with a beavertail canopy.

20210901_185007 (2).jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My wife just bought a new car that took over the garage spot. 2021 Honda Accord Hybrid, Touring edition (top of the line).
D154758A-87F7-4FCD-B589-0E6DCCAABBE9.jpeg
I think it’s a great car for her in part because I inherited her previous car, 2012 Lexus IS 350 C(convertible) two door. Also happy that we paid cash for the Honda so we have no monthly payments to look forward to on it.
C8A668ED-BDED-4C9D-B562-9DF8D999C9E3.jpeg

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added another X3 XRS Turbo RR smart shox max to the arsenal. The wife wanted an upgrade so she took my 2 seater and I got a 4 seater.

20220915_181430.jpg

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My son just inherited this 1997 Toyota Camry from his great uncle who passed away last Summer. It had 187k miles a dead battery and bald tires when I picked it up yesterday morning. By the time I got it home last night it had a new battery, oil, filter and tires. It drives fine now but still needs some TLC to give my wife and I peace of mind while our only child uses it.

Although I think it’s a POS and it will never make it into our garage I understand why my son wants it. As I drove it home it reminded me of its previous owner and a lot of the good times we had with him which brought a smile to my face. C008FED3-CF22-46E6-8CAA-CE8C3F9E28FD.jpeg3EF28D46-72B8-491D-B7C9-DD226A4FD095.jpeg

Last edited:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Would make for a great starter car.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
inheriting is never good because of the circumstance but a free car is a great deal these days, especially a toyota,
my '98 avalon with V6 got to 402k miles so as long as he changed the oil that's still a good car,

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Saw this thread pop up, and wondered what I could have possibly said about my toyless garage.

I had a '14 GT that I loved. I'll probably get another once the truck is paid off and can be relegated to boat/yard duty.
That was a pretty good idea. Wonder what they're going for these days. Of course, I also have half a mind to add a waverunner, or a wrangler, or just be really stupid and pick up the 30' Tidewater I fell in love with last weekend. I suppose I should be responsible until I find out what my roof, fascia, and gutters are gonna cost me 😂