• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

No Water Out the Pissers

Mercado

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey friends. 2nd season with my 08 AR230 HO freshwater only. Pissers were fine this spring when I de-winterized on the garden hose. First time out this year there was no water coming out either of the pissers at idle or cruising speeds. No overheat alarms yet. Only had a 6" length of zip tie to check if they were plugged. That did not resolve this issue. Next time I get to the boat I will try using weed whacker line (how many feet do I need?), I will check lines to make sure they are not kinked/holes/or air, I don't know how to flush the system yet. I've searched some of the forum threads/videos already. What else should I check/do to diagnose/resolve the issue?

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The first thing that comes to mind for me (after checking with a longer weed wacker line) is are the clean out port covers on correctly. Give them both a good tug and see if they pop out without pressing the release button. If those are good, the second thing that comes to mind would be that you have something stuck in the impellers, but I would think it would be odd to have both pissers not working because of something in the impellers on the first time out.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Since you got water out of the pissers when you had it on the hose, try putting them on the hose again to see if you still get water out of them.

If I am not mistaken, there are check valves where you plug the flushing hose into, so I’m wondering if there is possibly something wrong with those check valves and water is flowing back up out of the flush hose connections?

BigT51

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
follow the pisser hose to wear it connects to the motor disconnect it and put a fitting on your hose and feed water into it. Bugs would lay nests in mine every year a wad of junk would fly out golf tees work great at keeping things out if that's what happens with yours.