• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Nocco Jump Pack Charging

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
How/when do you charge your Nocco Jump Pack?
While cruising in the boat? Do you charge it at you slip or storage location?
Looking for a best practice.

NOCO claims that their packs will hold 70% of their charge for up to 1 year. Since I'm only in use from May-October, I just charge mine up before the first launch of the year and don't use it unless I need to. If I were a year round boater, I'd probably set a reminder to charge every six months.

The one I keep in my truck is just plugged in the center console all the time.

maybe overkill, but i have a calendar notification set at every 30 days to 'charge jump-starter'.
mine (gb40) stays in truck. i transfer to boat prior to leaving for an outing, then back to truck when we are unpacking boat. when phone notification goes off, bring it into house and plug it in. it hardly drains down any in 30 days.
though it's only been needed once...to help a stranded boater, but it cranked up his v8 inboard ski board no prob..

I charge mine once a month on AC power in the kitchen. This has always been enough to keep it topped off, or just 1 bar down. It stays in my wife’s truck, which is also our tow vehicle. I just put it in the boat every lake trip.

I have an antigravity jump pack… I charge it annually… Lithium batteries will loose 3% per month at most, and more like 1% a month. If it is exposed to extreme heat then you may get the 3%.

Been bringing mine to the house every 3-4 weeks, not much different than previous replies.

Back