• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Noco charger placement

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have purchased a Noco Genius GENPRO10x3 (only going to use 2 currently until/unless I add a battert=y). My question is on placement/mounting. Any concerns I should have with mounting it horizontally in the area behind the batteries of my 2023 AR250? There isn't a lot of space to place it elsewhere and that seems like a good out-of-the-way area.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Pictures always help…

But, other that what the NOCO installation instructions say, I’d say you’d want it to be in a large compartment so that you have enough cooling air, or if a small compartment you would want to leave the compartment open so the charger doesn’t get too hot. I’m sure that you can extend the leads for the charger if you wanted to mount it in another compartment, that is what I did with my MinnKota chargers.

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pictures always help…

But, other that what the NOCO installation instructions say, I’d say you’d want it to be in a large compartment so that you have enough cooling air, or if a small compartment you would want to leave the compartment open so the charger doesn’t get too hot. I’m sure that you can extend the leads for the charger if you wanted to mount it in another compartment, that is what I did with my MinnKota chargers.
This is not my picture or my boat, but basically where the area outlined in red is. There appears to be a ton of space and it is right behind the batteries.

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is where I installed mine on my AR250. I plan on swapping it out for a 10x3 eventually but there is plenty of space. I also have my powerplug lead for the outside of the boat in that same area and it reaches perfectly.

NOCO-Install.jpg

PowerPlug
Power-Plug.jpg

vikingknut

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That may work, but the 10x3 is much bigger than I expected

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not a 250 but I mounted mine flat near the batteries. My only other option. Was to mount it on the side of a battery box. If it didn’t have any buttons on it i would have mounted it deeper in the compartment. The other limiting factor was the length of the shore power cable. I didn’t want to drill another hole on the side of the boat so I put the charging port in a swim deck cup holder. 24818FCF-9CEB-4E6A-B380-096CCBEB62FA.jpeg2B43DE15-1782-4590-B9D3-375F2D3CC725.jpeg

Tex72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t know how relevant this is, but I put Velcro on the back of mine, & stuck it on the carpet next to the battery cover (w/ leads crossing under the battery cover).

These pics were before I added the 2nd battery, so battery #2 (house battery) leads are bundled.

I keep the plug loose, rather than a drilled mount, & I keep the seat flipped up to connect the charger. It allows me to keep the charger if I sell the boat later, and no drilling or screws into the hull. Pretty simple & easy, but not as fancy as other set ups.

IMG_1159.jpegIMG_1167.jpeg

Last edited:

Wright2e

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Here is where I installed mine on my AR250. I plan on swapping it out for a 10x3 eventually but there is plenty of space. I also have my powerplug lead for the outside of the boat in that same area and it reaches perfectly.

View attachment 200641

PowerPlug
View attachment 200642
How hard was it to drill the hole for the plug extension? I need to do this as well on my 252. My batteries are back where the engines are behind those switches. Looks like you ran the wires back to them?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How hard was it to drill the hole for the plug extension? I need to do this as well on my 252. My batteries are back where the engines are behind those switches. Looks like you ran the wires back to them?
Drilling the hole wasnt hard, just nerve wracking. I measured 10 times and confirmed 11 times before I drilled, lol. I had my son get in there and verify where we were going to drill.
I used the bolts on the cleat to the left of the charge port to orient myself and measure. That allowed me to make sure I was clear of any other hardware in there.
The cords were long enough to reach back to the batteries.

ahenderson432

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Other
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Pretty clean I must say.

Now do I or don’t I install the plug. Like said above….nerve wracking drilling/hole sawing a new boat.

Maybe after a season or two.

Attachments

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FYI, Do not cut the A/C power cord on the NOCO charger. In addition, don't cut the DC output leads before the fuses if you have to extend the leads for some reason. IF something goes wrong with the charger they will deny your warranty. If you have to splice the A/C leads then cut the female end of an extension cord to use for that purpose.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The first hole or set of holes is always the hardest. Measure 20 times and drill once, you should be fine. As for the charging outlet, just make sure it’s somewhere you can get to it easily, not blocked by the mooring cover and clear of obstructions.

Fyi - I ended up mounting mine in one of rhe swim deck cup holders.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The hole is damn near impossible to mess up, buy the correct hole saw and tape off. Takes 2 minutes.

nukethewales

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
whats the benefit of this type of setup over just carrying onboard the noco boost plus GB40 battery pack?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
whats the benefit of this type of setup over just carrying onboard the noco boost plus GB40 battery pack?
I carry both. The boost is incase your batteries are dead. The charger is keep your batteries charged and maintained at all times.