• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Norris Lake- Tn

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
We may be interested!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
We will be there the last week of July this year. Can't wait!

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can we get this gathering going? I'd love to get out to Norris Lake this summer, but I don't know anything about the area. I've heard Norris is a gorgeous lake with crystal clear water. Memorial Day Weekend anyone?!

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will be at Norris june 11-18 New Tazewell area. Renting a house with dock and fire pit, nice gentle slope to water. bonfires and boating. let me know if anyone is there that week and we'll try to get together.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I will be there middle of July. Love that lake.

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
The wifey is turning 40 in May. Trying to plan a weekend getaway with 3 other couples the first weekend of May. This would be our first trip down to Norris. First, what is the water temp at that time? Any recommendations on accommodations for up to 4 couples. Preferably separate beds/baths for each couple. Lake access with dock for 2 boats at least. Thanks in advance to those knowledgeable about the lake.

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The wifey is turning 40 in May. Trying to plan a weekend getaway with 3 other couples the first weekend of May. This would be our first trip down to Norris. First, what is the water temp at that time? Any recommendations on accommodations for up to 4 couples. Preferably separate beds/baths for each couple. Lake access with dock for 2 boats at least. Thanks in advance to those knowledgeable about the lake.
Water temp would be in the low 70's

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Like others have said, there's just no end of ways to spend money on this site. I just found a whole YouTube channel of floating houses for sale. I never knew there was such a thing, but it looks awesome!!

Chad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Early May not be the best time to go to Norris. They will start to let the lake level rise in April, but the levels will still be very low in early May. A lot of debris will still be on the lake during that time and most of the Marinas don't have regular hours until memorial day.

Ohio Dan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
We will be heading to Norris Jun 24th - Jul 1st. Rented a floating house in Flat Hollow Marina (Barefoot Landing). Let us know if you are down there any of those dates and we can meet up or you can dock up to the floating house and come in for a drink (I'm buying).

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We will be near Beach Island Resort & Marina next week 11-16. Can't wait. First time to Norris and I know it won't be my last.

The Budnick's

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We will be heading to Norris Jun 24th - Jul 1st. Rented a floating house in Flat Hollow Marina (Barefoot Landing). Let us know if you are down there any of those dates and we can meet up or you can dock up to the floating house and come in for a drink (I'm buying).[/QUOTE
We will be heading to Norris Jun 24th - Jul 1st. Rented a floating house in Flat Hollow Marina (Barefoot Landing). Let us know if you are down there any of those dates and we can meet up or you can dock up to the floating house and come in for a drink (I'm buying).
We are down here now at Mountain Lake campground. Going to try to get back here soon but not sure it'll be that soon. Hope you enjoy the lake and stay safe.

Ohio Dan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
We are down here now at Mountain Lake campground. Going to try to get back here soon but not sure it'll be that soon. Hope you enjoy the lake and stay safe.
Thanks. You live in Carroll, OH. Is there a lake around you that is your "home" lake?

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We're down about twice a month if there is ever a group. Great Lake and it's getting warmer now.

VONCE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will be in Norris the last week of August. I rented a huge house (that sleeps 28) on the northern side of the lake, near Powell Valley Resort. I also did this last year. Last year we went to Shanghai for dinner. That place has potential to be really neat, but we had some miscommunication and didn't get treated very well. We ended up going to some place called the "Tiki Club" which I believe was affiliated with Deerfield Marina. We had an absolute blast that night and spent a lot of money with them (Not hard to do when we had 20+ people with us!). Lots of partying (I think they had a DJ)! Then a storm came through and temporarily knocked out the power (which was neat in its own way). I think the staff had fun with us too - they told us to come back any time! So if anyone is at Norris during that time frame, I'll be there! It's the entire last week of August. Maybe I'll meet ya somewhere or you can come slide down the slide from the upper level of the covered 2-boat slip! I'm really excited to navigate these larger lakes (Cumberland, Norris, Dale Hollow) with the Yamaha. Previously, I have been doing it in my Dynasty. I always kept the RPMs somewhat low to try to keep the engine less stressed, and I always had to slow down for big waves. This led to long travel times (if going to a Marina across the lake), and less time for watersports (she'd get a little tired and warm when trying to teach someone to ski). The Yamaha seems a lot more stable and doesn't care what kind of load you throw at it. Now if only I could get the gas mileage of the Dynasty back...

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's too bad about shanghai as that's where we are based. That and sequoia are my two favorite marinas. Deerfield also has a decent golf course overlooking the lake. My scarab likes to stop at every marina for fuel so I feel your pain, that's why we keep a pontoon and jet ski that sip instead of gulp fuel.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
How is Norris this year? Just booked a place across from Mountain Lake Marina for last weekend of July 28-31. I usually rent around Shanghai but I waited way to long to find something this year. Give me a shout if anyone wants to meet up. I will likely be down Aug. 11-14 as well if I find somewhere to stay.

razorxp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here right now and will be there that weekend if weather looks good. Water is 1 foot above full pool so there is more debris floating around than normal. Water is 84 today which is perfect.