• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Not Sure How this will Go......<Pool or boat?>

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lots of great info. Helps since I am a pool newb!

Almost ready for rough Electrical Inspection, one more day to get the line from the basement, through garage, to conduit. Today I trenched all the way from Garage to Pool and put in a 16 foot 4 x 4, for lights, receptacle and camera's. Dropped the schedule 80 Conduit in the hole, will be fishing wire next day or so. Pool is about half full, going to run it through the night tonight to help getting it there.

Trench is 120' long. Though about doing it by hand. Started at 8:30 am this morning, was at Home Depot by 9:00 am hooking up the trailer with the 24" Hydraulic Trencher on it for $140 for 4 hours. Did it all in about 3.5 hours. Found what looks like part of a buried car and some nasty concrete. Took back the trencher and spend 6 more hours cutting metal and digging out rocks and concrete, busting them up with sledge hammers. Slow going. First time I have ever buried a conduit. Kinda cool. Really sucks.

Going boating this coming weekend I can feel it. Will be high 80's here :)

In retrospect, while I was laying face down over the trench and using a small gardening shovel to scoop out dirt and broken up concrete, etc. I pondered my life choices as of recent. Specifically, when the Admiral gave me the OK for trim Tabs, a Chart Plotter and bought me the Trolling Motor...... Perhaps I didn't need all of this and I could of nixed the pool...... :confused:

View attachment 152001
View attachment 152002
View attachment 152003
You might have gotten played, sir.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Lots of great info. Helps since I am a pool newb!

Almost ready for rough Electrical Inspection, one more day to get the line from the basement, through garage, to conduit. Today I trenched all the way from Garage to Pool and put in a 16 foot 4 x 4, for lights, receptacle and camera's. Dropped the schedule 80 Conduit in the hole, will be fishing wire next day or so. Pool is about half full, going to run it through the night tonight to help getting it there.

Trench is 120' long. Though about doing it by hand. Started at 8:30 am this morning, was at Home Depot by 9:00 am hooking up the trailer with the 24" Hydraulic Trencher on it for $140 for 4 hours. Did it all in about 3.5 hours. Found what looks like part of a buried car and some nasty concrete. Took back the trencher and spend 6 more hours cutting metal and digging out rocks and concrete, busting them up with sledge hammers. Slow going. First time I have ever buried a conduit. Kinda cool. Really sucks.

Going boating this coming weekend I can feel it. Will be high 80's here :)

In retrospect, while I was laying face down over the trench and using a small gardening shovel to scoop out dirt and broken up concrete, etc. I pondered my life choices as of recent. Specifically, when the Admiral gave me the OK for trim Tabs, a Chart Plotter and bought me the Trolling Motor...... Perhaps I didn't need all of this and I could of nixed the pool...... :confused:

View attachment 152001
View attachment 152002
View attachment 152003
I take it you didn't come across any sprinkler pipes. 👍

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh, then you didn't do it right. You need to hit at least two sprinkler pipes. Extra points for the gas line...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
And where are all the empty beer cans? All that work is at least a 6-pack.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nothing back there. I guess my yard and the property next to mine was part of an old train station in the early 1900's or so. Neighbor found a Model T buried at the back of his property, salvaged a bunch of parts in his garage. Kinda cool.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And where are all the empty beer cans? All that work is at least a 6-pack.
I start drinking and the game is over.... I got a Kale Energy Smoothie though and Brats from the Admiral today.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So is it full yet? We all deserve to see the finished product.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Almost ready

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can't wait to see how his AR210 looks in it...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I bet the city shut his water off.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Pool is full. Dropped another 3/4" Schedule 80 Conduit in the trench for running Cat 6 for POE Camera's and had the family help me fill in the whole trench. Passed rough electrical. All Chemicals are in pool, bought a sturdier A Frame ladder and it will be ready for swimming tomorrow. Only thing left for right now is wire the circuit into the fuse panel tomorrow on a 20 amp and I am all set. Admiral says I can go boating this weekend :)

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are almost finished! I did a 18' round ( metal and resin frame) 3 years. Like everything it took me 3 times longer than I thought and probably would have not tackled it but now that it is in I am very happy with it. I had to remove a dump trailer worth of soil because I was 8" higher, used a Dingo and than had someone help me level it all out and get the pavers in place.
I had the same issue you did, I bought a $250 laser and realized there was no way to see the laser line outside in the sunlight.
Had 2 guys help me with the install, we started at 10 am....1 guy left at 9pm and other guy left at 10:30 pm.
I was in my yard at 1:00am with a flood light on getting it finished.
Water truck was due the next morning and I was stressing.
We spent an hour in the dark looking for a missing pack of 1.5" screws....find out the next morning the instructions were wrong.

Took me a long time but in the end It was done correctly.
The fence and deck were what put things over the edge for me, carpal tunnel surgery on both hands the next winter.

I would recommend purchasing a taylor liquid test kit, they are much more accurate than the test strips.
Will tell you PH, ALk and chorline levels.

We don't swim as much when we go boating as we use to, but we enjoy both activities.

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
Mine is starting the 24th year, still on original liner, now I jinxed that. When it goes I won't replace it, to damn much work and I'm a bit older than when I put it up completely alone, 15x30 dug out to 6ft at deep end. I will miss it when it's gone though. Not best pic but all I could quickly find. IMG_0482.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jamesk Thats funny, two nights ago with the inspector coming in the morning I was out there till 1:00 am or so with flood lights digging a trench for the bonding wire around the pool and securing legs. Going to finish wiring today and remove extension cord. Put together new ladder. And create a rim table out of PVC pipe and call it done, except for minor landscaping around it which I will knock out slowly over the next couple of weeks. Really want to try out the trolling motor.

Pics will follow later.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my boat keys back, kids been swimming half the day and everyone and more friends are coming over tonight to swim.20210604_202954.jpg

CarrolyneR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We put a pool in 3 summers ago, and bought the boat this January. Love having both, don't think I could pick between the two. We're in Houston so our summer swimming started in April and will end in September. 6 months of summer to enjoy both boating and the pool! We're 45 minutes from the lake so putting in the boat is a planned Saturday or Sunday.
I lounge on the tanning deck with a book and a drink about 3 nights a week. The teenagers use the pool alot less than I thought they would, but I use it more. Our realtor said we'd get about half of what we spent back. The housing market is insane anyways so we don't sweat it. Our homeowners insurance didn't change. We do the pool maintenance ourselves. It's only like 10 minutes a week... except for during fall when the leaves are dropping20210606_111516.jpg20210117_145435.jpg.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Very nice. My sister lives in Spring, TX and bought a house there 30 years ago. She says she probably can't get what she paid for it. Sad.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In ground pools around here are crazy expensive. Small ones are 100k. And I am not doing it, although I have shot Gunite in my concrete laborer days many, many years ago. If anything we may go to a rigid frame above ground when this one wears out. Only way I would go inground is to move to one that has one or I told her move out to the suburbs/country where the lots are bigger.