• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Notice to Mariners...NY State Canal System Updates

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hope you have a good trip!

One of the reasons I got my Precision 21 was so that my wife and I could overnight on the boat and do part of either the Erie Canal and/or the Trent Severn.

Jim

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You must have a tabernacle to step/unstep your mast? Precision Boat Works That will make it easy. We unstep at Hop O'Nose Marina | Great Northern Catskills of Greene County
Not a tabernacle but a mast step with notches cut for the pins in the base of the mast. Here’s a view from the front of the mast step on my boat:

IMG_7607.jpeg

I’m putting an adjustable mast crutch (with gudgeons) that fit over the pintels where the rudder attaches. This will allow me to place the pins in the mast into the mast step and partially raise the mast. I’ll then use a gin pole attached to the mast (along with a pulley and line) to raise the mast. Need to fix the fiberglass area under the mast step first. I bought my boat from an estate and I think the previous owner dropped the mast to one side while lowering the mast and cracking the fiberglass above the mounting block.

Jim