• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

O2 Sensors - Service Bulletin

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I got a friendly call from MarineMax last week asking me to bring the boat over. Apparently BRP or Scarab has a service bulletin out to correct an issue with the cat. converters that was damaging the secondary O2 sensors. Obviously the service scheduler was not aware of what exactly they are doing... Anyone knows what is included in the service bulletin? Sounds like they found the O2 sensor issue...

Anyway, sounds like good news...

Dutchess77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I'm not 100% sure but ours blew the O2 sensors & when we brought it in, they said there's a recall for that very item...they are all changed now.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I got a friendly call from MarineMax last week asking me to bring the boat over. Apparently BRP or Scarab has a service bulletin out to correct an issue with the cat. converters that was damaging the secondary O2 sensors. Obviously the service scheduler was not aware of what exactly they are doing... Anyone knows what is included in the service bulletin? Sounds like they found the O2 sensor issue...

Anyway, sounds like good news...
Hi Rick. Did you ever get a straight answer from your dealer on the service campaigns towards the o2 sensor problem? Thanks.

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
No recall that I am aware of but there is an o-ring that should be replaced to help with sensors damaged by water.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I am running a 150hp BRP motor in a GT185 Glastron Jet Boat. After 150 hour running, and three o2 sensors later, I’m glad to hear that there might be a service bulletin and easy remedy. If you have any connection with the local dealership and can get a copy or duplication towards this service bulletin, and send it my way, that would be outstanding. I would let my local dealership tech know about this issue and perhaps other BRP powered boat owners will benefit from it.....just an idea. Thanks again for your information towards this sir!.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hi Rick. Did you ever get a straight answer from your dealer on the service campaigns towards the o2 sensor problem? Thanks.
sorry I have not taken the boat in yet- perhaps this week. I let you know what I find out.

Scarabtech

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bulletin is due to the catalyst not being properly torqued at the factory. This can potentially cause water leaks internally that can damage the o2 sensors. There is a bulletin to retorque the bolts on the cat. There is also a bulletin that they are extending the warranty coverage on o2 sensors from 3 yrs to 10 yrs on early model engines.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Dealer fixed and its done. They changed the O2 sensors and apparently replaced a gasket on the cat. converters.

Terrance

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Dealer fixed and its done. They changed the O2 sensors and apparently replaced a gasket on the cat. converters.
Hey Rick...glad your all fixed. Did you have a chance to get a copy of that service bulletin and 02 sensor warranty extension? I would love to have that in hand when I go back to the dealer. I had two O2 sensors replaced so far.
Thanks

AirGreg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Did they fixe the cat converters on warranty or recall? I have the same issue. I already change the o2 sensor, seem to be the post one that gives the fault code. Cat work could be expensive if its parts, but if its just the O-ring its just hard work and $30. Thanx in advance.

Rick215HO

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did they fixe the cat converters on warranty or recall? I have the same issue. I already change the o2 sensor, seem to be the post one that gives the fault code. Cat work could be expensive if its parts, but if its just the O-ring its just hard work and $30. Thanx in advance.
recall, but the cats were fine, they just replaced the seal and sensors.