• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil change yamalube to synthetic

Jatta

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm switching away from Yamalube oil as it is really difficult to get where I live. The jetski dealer I spoke with suggested to put Motul 7100 full synthetic. Did some googling and found out that Yamalube is mineral based oil. Can I just carry out oil change as normal, knowing there will be some oil left in the engine, and just fill in with Motul oil? There is no way I can get all out.
Are those two going to react in some unwanted way? Are there any issues expected?
I drive Yamaha sx190

I'm switching away from Yamalube oil as it is really difficult to get where I live. The jetski dealer I spoke with suggested to put Motul 7100 full synthetic. Did some googling and found out that Yamalube is mineral based oil. Can I just carry out oil change as normal, knowing there will be some oil left in the engine, and just fill in with Motul oil? There is no way I can get all out.
Are those two going to react in some unwanted way? Are there any issues expected?
I drive Yamaha sx190

You should be able to…check MOTUL’s website if you want to be sure. It’s good oil I used it for a long time in my bikes.. but is it marine rated? I know Amsoil has a marine oil that’s what I use now in my boat.

Yup. Motul is not marine graded. Managed to find Yamalube marine oil but only 10w30. Are any of you using this on your boats?

Yup. Motul is not marine graded. Managed to find Yamalube marine oil but only 10w30. Are any of you using this on your boats?
Check on Amazon, I just bought a couple gallons.

Back