• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oil Extractor Recommendations

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is a pic with the electric pump my wife bought me a few years ago. I think she got it from west marine. It replaced the small pela model I had. If you don’t mind pressurizing the pump by hand the pela unit is fine but I like the plug and play aspect of this electric model and it holds over 10 quarts of oil which has come in handy lately as I had to do numerous oil changes on my waverunner to remove water contaminated oil from it. It also removes oil at a consistent and relatively high speed. Another good feature for me as I tend to change the oil in my boat and waverunners (4 engines total) on the same day. It’s a little big but I would rather have to much than not enough.
4CC02B9B-28EB-4365-8391-E7AE54EE7DC0.jpeg

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have been using this one for 4 years and it sucks, it sucks well. It is the perfect size for extracting from a twin engine Yamaha, mine with MR-1's. WEST MARINE Manual Oil Changer, 6.9 Quart | West Marine On Sale now!
I have used it for extracting oil from our Yamaha as well as oil from the diesel on the sailboat. I have also used it to extract water from hard to reach areas of the bilge of both boats. If you find persistant water in the ski locker drain, while on the water and the bilge pump won't get it out for one reason or another...this will, no shop vac needed. They use a hand pump, a few strokes to create vacuum, to pull the liquid out. It is not constant pumping that creates vacuum.

It is the perfect size to hold a complete oil change, yes pulling the hard to reach, oil drain plug on the oil cooler on both MR-1's. Each division on the cylinder marks a quart.

20170426_093127.jpg

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use this one. I can extract into any thing and it works great for getting the last little bit of oil. I extract into a container with markings so i know how much is coming out. It is small, fast and easy. Just clup it to your battery and go.