• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

"On the road" hub replacement kit for Shorelandr trailer

MrMoose

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some time ago, I think that it was @Andy S who mentioned that he brings a spare hub for his trailer when he makes the long tow to Ft. Lauderdale.
So, I have a 2015 ShoreLandr trailer for my AR240 and I am wondering if there is an "easy" way to get a replacement hub "kit" that would fit my trailer. I was in Academy Sports a few weeks ago and I saw that they carry these types of things, BUT, I haven't a clue what kit I'd need for my trailer. I looked in my trailer manual and it seemed to have a general listing of the various hubs that they put on all of their trailers... didn't know which one was mine.
Where do I start?
Thanks

After having a bearing issue on one of my return trips, I now carry a hub with all the bearings and seals plus the tools to do the replacement.

I'm glad you brought this topic up, I have to look at my new trailer to see if my spare hub fits, if not I'll be off to the store.

Sorry no help on what parts you need for your shorelander trailer.

Maybe I'll call Shorelandr and see what they have to say.

I've just changed my wheels - wish I thought of it then.
I'll prolly just bring my trailer to a trailer shop and ask them for spare hub parts that would fit. Glad you guys brought this up!

Some time ago, I think that it was @Andy S who mentioned that he brings a spare hub for his trailer when he makes the long tow to Ft. Lauderdale.
So, I have a 2015 ShoreLandr trailer for my AR240 and I am wondering if there is an "easy" way to get a replacement hub "kit" that would fit my trailer. I was in Academy Sports a few weeks ago and I saw that they carry these types of things, BUT, I haven't a clue what kit I'd need for my trailer. I looked in my trailer manual and it seemed to have a general listing of the various hubs that they put on all of their trailers... didn't know which one was mine.
Where do I start?
Thanks

Try this link. You can search up the specifics of your trailer. You should be able to get all the info you need to go to a trailer supply place that is local to you, or online and get what you need.

https://shorelandr.com/pages/boattotrailer/mfg.aspx

I think most of these things are pretty generic I could be 1,000,000% wrong but if you measure your hub diameter and your spoke width you could probably pick up any hub kit and it work if it matched. I say this based on the fact that my West Marine store only carries one 4 spoke kit and one 5 spoke kit which would make me think those are the common diameters for them.

I used the hubs and electric brakes from my camper and it was all interchangable except i had to buy one bearing which cost me like a buck with tax.

Edit: i have the galvanized trailer

So, I called Shoreland'r this morning (800-859-3028). I gave them my VIN and they told me what the spindle size is for my model. Easy-peazy.
They said that any kit would work as long as it matched the tapered spindle on the trailer and had the right number of lugs.
In case anybody has a 2015 AR240, my model number is YAV50TCBLW
Spindle: Tapered, 1 3/8" inner and 1 1/16" outer
5 lugs

Good info @MrMoose. I'm sure a lot of guys will use it to prepare for the worse, and a few unfortunate guys will be even more thankful that you posted this when they're stuck on the side of the road :(

So, I called Shoreland'r this morning (800-859-3028). I gave them my VIN and they told me what the spindle size is for my model. Easy-peazy.
They said that any kit would work as long as it matched the tapered spindle on the trailer and had the right number of lugs.
In case anybody has a 2015 AR240, my model number is YAV50TCBLW
Spindle: Tapered, 1 3/8" inner and 1 1/16" outer
5 lugs
I bought a galvanized hub kit from West Marine for $80.
http://www.westmarine.com/buy/tie-down-engineering--5-stud-galvanized-hub-kits--P017_513_005_503

Non-galvanized (powder coated cast) kits for my trailer are $50 at Northern Tool Supply.

Bumping this old thread...

I'm planning my upcoming road trip to pick up my new to me boat. It's a '21 195S, so it has a single axel trailer with disc brakes. The hub kits mentioned previously don't have rotors incorporated and I'm not seeing as many "kits" with preassemble hubs/bearings with incorporated rotors. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions for the newer trailers?

Shorelandr has a part lookup where you type in your vin to get your model. Then you use that to lookup parts on Midwest industries.

This is the one for my 2013 tandem

Shorelander SK0107 5 Bolt Hub - Vented Rotor 10 Disc - Hardware Included Amazon.com

IMHO, that new of a trailer... Pack your bearings before your road trip. And being from MN, be sure to do it again prior to winter storage. Water in those hubs will freeze and blow them out in -20f.

Bumping this old thread...

I'm planning my upcoming road trip to pick up my new to me boat. It's a '21 195S, so it has a single axel trailer with disc brakes. The hub kits mentioned previously don't have rotors incorporated and I'm not seeing as many "kits" with preassemble hubs/bearings with incorporated rotors. Am I missing something? Does anyone have any suggestions for the newer trailers?

That trailer should have come with bearing buddies… as long as the PO had hit them with a grease gun you should be fine.. ask the PO, or would it be OO original owner? If they had greased the bearing buddies, if yes then probably no worries. How many hours on the boat? If its just a few then the trailer probably didn’t get dunked very many times.

Take a grease gun with you and add some grease if need be, but DO NOT over fill them, the piston should be able to move if you push on one side of it, if not add a few pumps until you see the piston start coming out, make sure it will rock, then hit the road, at your first stop check them again, if need be add a LITTLE more grease.

I just recently went on a roadtrip for the first time trailering the boat long distance. It was a about 800 miles round trip.
I did just as advised above and lubed the hubs with the Shorelander recommended grease. I also bought a spare pre-assembled hub from WestMarine that fits our hubs just in case.
When I stopped for Gas i would check the temps of the hubs with my infrared doohickey and also by touch.

Silly question, what do I aim the IR thermometer at? The rotor? The part of the hub that sticks out through the wheel? Thanks!

Silly question, what do I aim the IR thermometer at? The rotor? The part of the hub that sticks out through the wheel? Thanks!
On the axles with brakes, you have to get behind the wheel and put it on the back side of the hub. On non brake axles, put the laser pointer through the wheel and onto the hub (not center cap).

I carry a spare set of wheel bearings and an inner seal.
On my 2 axle trailers I have a couple of strong ratchet straps and a chain.
If a spindle cracks off a single axle you are screwed and on a rollback regardless.

Back