• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Went to AJ's On The River in Gibsonton, Fl.

IMG_2096.JPG

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Beautiful day in St. Augustine! Went out for a couple hours with the Admiral and I snapped those pictures while she was backing up the trailer when we got back.
She had never backed up a trailer before I rented a UHaul for us to practice with a few weeks ago and she did great!
D7103E80-6B62-4DB5-8A78-5AFDC31C60C7.jpegE723102A-8709-4B2A-8F1F-7598FF5E0B91.jpeg

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Went to Frescos for lunch. Water was very smooth. 78° Downtown St. Pete in the background.

1612994355087.png

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went to Frescos for lunch. Water was very smooth. 78° Downtown St. Pete in the background.
I hope I can get as comfortable as you in our area. So worried about shallows around here, lol. I usually take my wave runner out first, investigating areas and then bring the fam on the boat once I know how to navigate outside the channels.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I hope I can get as comfortable as you in our area. So worried about shallows around here, lol. I usually take my wave runner out first, investigating areas and then bring the fam on the boat once I know how to navigate outside the channels.
I felt just like you. Pick up a GPS unit with maps. This will show you where you are and how deep the water is at mean low tide. I don't go anywhere without it. You can also setup a depth alarm should you get into low depths. A definite necessity in the bay.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I felt just like you. Pick up a GPS unit with maps. This will show you where you are and how deep the water is at mean low tide. I don't go anywhere without it. You can also setup a depth alarm should you get into low depths. A definite necessity in the bay.
Yup, that is how I'm learning the area also. On my ski I use the Wavee boating app but I'm also braver on the ski with shallow areas. I'm still careful but its easier.

For the boat I have my depth alarm set at 4ft, just in case. Have Navionics on my tab and use the built in maps on the connext screen. The connext screen doesn't give me depth per say like Navionics does, but I like to use both and compare.

A bit envious every time I see you posting going to the waterfront places around here, lol. I'll get there eventually though.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Yup, that is how I'm learning the area also. On my ski I use the Wavee boating app but I'm also braver on the ski with shallow areas. I'm still careful but its easier.

For the boat I have my depth alarm set at 4ft, just in case. Have Navionics on my tab and use the built in maps on the connext screen. The connext screen doesn't give me depth per say like Navionics does, but I like to use both and compare.

A bit envious every time I see you posting going to the waterfront places around here, lol. I'll get there eventually though.
LOL, I keep my depth alarm to to 1.5-2.0 ft. I trust my Garmin unit wholeheartedly. I always have. IMHO, You should have a unit specifically mounted to the boat. I still have my old unit (3-4 years old) Garmin Echo 44DV you can have. It works great and there is nothing wrong with it. You can have it. It gets HOT out there and tablets are just not meant for Tampa heat and rain. PM me if interested.

Good luck!!! Hope to see you out there. Say Hi! if you do.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
LOL, I keep my depth alarm to to 1.5-2.0 ft. I trust my Garmin unit wholeheartedly. I always have. IMHO, You should have a unit specifically mounted to the boat. I still have my old unit (3-4 years old) Garmin Echo 44DV you can have. It works great and there is nothing wrong with it. You can have it. It gets HOT out there and tablets are just not meant for Tampa heat and rain. PM me if interested.

Good luck!!! Hope to see you out there. Say Hi! if you do.
Thanks, totally appreciate the offer.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Headed to St Pete for dinner.
IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

The ride back...water was like glass.
IMG_2141.JPG

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Headed to River's Edge (great wings).
Friends driving the boat
IMG_2197.JPG
Wife enjoying the ride
IMG_2203.JPG
Me relaxing
IMG_2205.JPG
Sun going down...IMG_2208.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2211.JPG
Full moon...Spectacular (picture doesn't do it justice)
IMG_2213.JPG