• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I’m so jealous of you Dean. Your able to take your boat out whenever & wherever while my boat sits in the garage waiting for weather that doesn’t require us to wear insulated Carharts to go boating.
I know how you feel. Grew up in New England and loved the warm weather although snow skiing was a lot of fun. Was mainly into motorcycles and still love to ride. Actually test drove the Harley live Wire on Friday. Let the good times roll...

You know it's not all peaches and cream here. There are days where it's too HOT to go outside to do anything with 96° and 100% humidity (especially on the boat). The water temp here gets up to 90°!!! Not refreshing at all and the Sun will literally cook your skin if not careful. And don't forget the afternoon thunder storm with their lightning strikes. Those will scare the hell out of you if not kill you. We're also prone to hurricanes (not the kind you drink). No place is perfect (all the time) but I prefer it down here and have no plans to ever move back.

If you're ever in town look me up. Love to share the outside with you. :winkingthumbsup"

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I know how you feel. Grew up in New England and loved the warm weather although snow skiing was a lot of fun. Was mainly into motorcycles and still love to ride. Actually test drove the Harley live Wire on Friday. Let the good times roll...

You know it's not all peaches and cream here. There are days where it's too HOT to go outside to do anything with 96° and 100% humidity (especially on the boat). The water temp here gets up to 90°!!! Not refreshing at all and the Sun will literally cook your skin if not careful. And don't forget the afternoon thunder storm with their lightning strikes. Those will scare the hell out of you if not kill you. We're also prone to hurricanes (not the kind you drink). No place is perfect (all the time) but I prefer it down here and have no plans to ever move back.

If you're ever in town look me up. Love to share the outside with you. :winkingthumbsup"
Our boating season dies down when it's too hot and daily thunderstorms roll in.

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2017 Chaparral 223VRX. Do you want a ride? You can come too!
Hahahaha! Now I remember. I spoke to you last year about going out on your boat. But I pulled the trigger anyhow and have had zero regrets.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hahahaha! Now I remember. I spoke to you last year about going out on your boat. But I pulled the trigger anyhow and have had zero regrets.
We were talking just as Covid hit. Should you ever boat North of the Skyway let me know. Glad you found something you enjoy. Make happy memories!!!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were talking just as Covid hit. Should you ever boat North of the Skyway let me know. Glad you found something you enjoy. Make happy memories!!!
We go to Shell key frequently, but that’s as far north as we have gone. Any spots you recommend in southern Pinellas area? Thanks Dean. What a guy!!

poordealguy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It finally warmed up a little and the sun came out on AMI the last two days. Jewfish key sandbar and sunset on Manatee beach yesterday.

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
We go to Shell key frequently, but that’s as far north as we have gone. Any spots you recommend in southern Pinellas area? Thanks Dean. What a guy!!
Shell Key! When the boys were little, in our SeaRay, we spent nights there; neat little spot.

I just referred this place to another member on here. Check out Island Grille & Raw Bar You'll love it! It's a stone's throw North of Shell Key. The place has been totally redone with outdoor dining, live music, really good oysters ($0.75 oysters on Tuesday - if you like shell food) and a huge pool outside (great for the kids). Let me know when you're going, maybe we can meet up. Takes me about 75 minutes to get there.

1616675458645.png

Another favorite spot is Tiki Docks Bar & Grille. Food and drink is excellant!!! I'll buy you one...
IMG_1918.JPG
1616676115784.png

Bcbeitler

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First trip of the year for Spring Break out to Lake Mohave, Bullhead City AZ. Great time, good weather and we were practically the only boat on the entire lake! Can’t wait for the weather to warm up even more to wakeboard/wake surf when we return. Happy Boating!F2F4C02F-7E52-4905-A7F8-6A9E31F331E2.jpeg1508CE8F-C9E0-449A-9773-97E3D3E28D97.jpegC2BA5A01-0FDB-4D96-9786-335535A9D5E9.jpeg

Patman941

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Shell Key! When the boys were little, in our SeaRay, we spent nights there; neat little spot.

I just referred this place to another member on here. Check out Island Grille & Raw Bar You'll love it! It's a stone's throw North of Shell Key. The place has been totally redone with outdoor dining, live music, really good oysters ($0.75 oysters on Tuesday - if you like shell food) and a huge pool outside (great for the kids). Let me know when you're going, maybe we can meet up. Takes me about 75 minutes to get there.

View attachment 145139

Another favorite spot is Tiki Docks Bar & Grille. Food and drink is excellant!!! I'll buy you one...
View attachment 145141
View attachment 145140
Good ol’ Dean coming through again! Might be the worldest nicest boater, whom I’ve never met. Thanks a lot. We will definitely try and checkout some of these spots, but by now I feel like I owe you AT LEAST one drink!

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good ol’ Dean coming through again! Might be the worldest nicest boater, whom I’ve never met. Thanks a lot. We will definitely try and checkout some of these spots, but by now I feel like I owe you AT LEAST one drink!
You don't owe me anything! I love boating and'll help anyone to see, feel and experience what is out there cause this is what we do. Some of the best times/memories I've ever had has been on a boat. Great family memories that I'd "kill" for to do it again. I'm sure lots of people (here) would agree.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length