• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Caught in a downpour....
View attachment 45149
We were out from 10:00 until 3;30ish! I had a buddy that showed up to launch while we were loading to leave. After I got home and had the boat tucked away in the garage, I checked the radar since I heard on the radio there was flash flood warnings for counties down in KY. I noticed a cell north and west of the lake moving slowing southeast toward the lake. I promptly texted my buddy to let him know it might be a good idea to get off the lake. I wondered how many guys got stuck out there this evening. I am glad you got somewhere to tie off and ride it out. It seems like it would be a nightmare to get stuck out on the lake during a TS.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I am glad you got somewhere to tie off and ride it out. It seems like it would be a nightmare to get stuck out on the lake during a TS.
It was an adventure...We were at the jumping bridge at Norris Lake. The storm blew in with very little warning. We hit the first marina we came to. As soon as we tied up, the marina broke loose.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It was an adventure...We were at the jumping bridge at Norris Lake. The storm blew in with very little warning. We hit the first marina we came to. As soon as we tied up, the marina broke loose.
View attachment 45151 View attachment 45152
Wow!! I thought you got stuck out at Casears Creek......Just assumed I guess. We were planning on spending the weekend down there since we have family with a house @ Norris. It looks like you had a heck of an adventure for sure.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is one hell of a tie up. Those lines always hanging down or do you go up and set them?
@Jet Blue
When you pull into the chamber, there will be a guy standing at a pin. He drops a hook over the side. The mrs hooks our rope on the hook. He then pulls our rope up and puts it over a pin. The mrs pays out or pulls in line as necessary to keep us near to the wall as the water goes up or down. When you are at the level of the next pool, the gates open and you pull your rope in from the cleated end, usually the front for us. Two whistles and you are clear to leave.

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Jet Blue
When you pull into the chamber, there will be a guy standing at a pin. He drops a hook over the side. The mrs hooks our rope on the hook. He then pulls our rope up and puts it over a pin. The mrs pays out or pulls in line as necessary to keep us near to the wall as the water goes up or down. When you are at the level of the next pool, the gates open and you pull your rope in from the cleated end, usually the front for us. Two whistles and you are clear to leave.
Cool stuff and great pictures.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you kidding me....? Holy cow, what kind is it?

EDIT: I saw your other post. I'm still freaked out.
I can't stand them! Off with their heads! I'm about 90% it was a cottonmouth. It's hard to tell the shape of the head exactly from the pic they took but the thick body and how they described the snake behaving (aggressive) makes me think it was a cottonmouth rather than a harmless water snake. Most water snakes would flee and rather not be bothered at all by humans.

I'm just glad the wives were swimming in such a clear lake with plenty of water visibility. Had it been on the river I usually boat on (Coosa River) they are harder to see since the water is darker/brownish color. I don't typically pull in and swim into such a narrow cove though so I never felt good about being at that spot lol. I like to be in a wider cove that's close to a main branch of moving water as most snakes prefer slow or non-moving water. We had water grass and thick woods on both sides so it was likely a snake or two was around.

Last edited:

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
IMG_4095.JPG

ncnmra

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
where is Ontario did you take this shot? looks like a sweet spot!
Tobermory Ontario (Northern Bruce Peninsula). It is on the Georgian Bay. Crystal clear water, but usually cold. This year it has been the warmest I've experienced (21.5°C ~ 71F). Absolutely gorgeous spot, one of my favorite places in the world.

Scarabpaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Tobermory Ontario (Northern Bruce Peninsula). It is on the Georgian Bay. Crystal clear water, but usually cold. This year it has been the warmest I've experienced (21.5°C ~ 71F). Absolutely gorgeous spot, one of my favorite places in the world.
aaahhh. yes. makes sense. apparently there is some nice diving there. my father-in-law used to go there often.

Kevin M

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jet Blue
Did that cruise from East Liverpool Ohio to the Pittsburgh in June 2013. The locks were full of shit and I kept sucking up stuff each of the three locks I had to transition. It was fun, and very cool going through those locks.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We came from the other direction. Locking through is usually an excercise in clean out plug use. We got lucky this time. Sucked up nothing.

JetSet407

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A few weekends ago, Ponce Inlet and Silver Glen Springs.
org_d26d6ce2226dce58_1471716628000.jpg
org_d8ef0a916cc05580_1471794809000.jpg