• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

One picture of your last outing.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We had a friend (a really good wake boarder) run behind my boat, he said he LOVED the wake the boat throws. Made me happy!
We only had 3 or 4 people on board, so I had the center ballast (in ski locker) fill partially (w/~500lbs).
upload_2018-6-28_17-39-55.png

--

Last edited:

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It turns out the lily pad is great for adults too. Best thing I've bought for the boat so far.
P1040012.JPG

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Been thinking about getting one of these. They are huge though. How has transporting it been working for you?
Our friend has one of these. It rolls up and we attach it to the tow bar and it sits on the bottom of the swim deck.

With that being said, I think it is stupid lol. In the above posters picture, it looks useful because they are in deep water. However we are always at a sand bar and I just think it's useless lol. (Most of my people share my feelings as well). It probably doesn't help this person insists we bring it every time, so I hate it even more because of that.

W3bexec

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our friend has one of these. It rolls up and we attach it to the tow bar and it sits on the bottom of the swim deck.

With that being said, I think it is stupid lol. In the above posters picture, it looks useful because they are in deep water. However we are always at a sand bar and I just think it's useless lol. (Most of my people share my feelings as well). It probably doesn't help this person insists we bring it every time, so I hate it even more because of that.
Haha, I can see what you are saying. It would work for our situation in that our lounge / hang out areas are deep. Lounging around is only 1/3 of our typical day. So I am trying to visualize how hauling this thing around, getting boarders and tubers in and out, is all going to work. I don't want to have to be constantly moving it around, probably in and out of the water.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Haha, I can see what you are saying. It would work for our situation in that our lounge / hang out areas are deep. Lounging around is only 1/3 of our typical day. So I am trying to visualize how hauling this thing around, getting boarders and tubers in and out, is all going to work. I don't want to have to be constantly moving it around, probably in and out of the water.
With water sports, I would say this is a no go, as it is just in the way the whole time. We had it once for water skiing and the only place to keep it was the center of the boat, and it pretty much made bow unreachable.

tdogg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First Lake Powell trip of the season.
20180624_071337.jpg

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Been thinking about getting one of these. They are huge though. How has transporting it been working for you?

We really wanted a pad like this after using a friend's while out one weekend. But after watching him struggle with doing watersports while transporting it we decided to pass.

Until I found this....
https://www.sunandski.com/p/0855056841730/ho-sports-play-pad-10-inflatable-party-watermat?vpc=0855056841730-0000000&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs8bL5Lz52wIVhVmGCh3dlQmpEAQYASABEgJePPD_BwE

It's kind of pricey, but it only takes a minute or two to inflate and most importantly when deflated and folded it fits under a bow seat in my 242. So it's never in the way when tubing or wakeboarding.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
This was last weekend at Clinton lake, May or may not have been the result of a Sub-move moments priorFB_IMG_1530304324006.jpg

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
30 miles from the closest cell service and boat ramp. The north end of lake Chelan, WA. We stayed at Weaver Point Campground which is across the lake from Stehikin. We were there with church girls camp and they all wanted to learn how to fish!20180625_143616.jpg 20180626_161456.jpg 20180628_092506.jpg 20180628_205358.jpg 20180628_232008.jpg 20180628_211748.jpg

Scott E

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I got the WOW inflatable mat instead of a lily pad. Fits in the rear storage on the seadoo like it was made for it. Installed the onboard inflator hope it gets lots of use this week.

A buddy has one of the foam mats and the kids loved it last year, but it takes up a lot of space

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Scott E Exactly what we got and it's perfect! Easy to inflate, deflate and easy to store!

John Mcpartland

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Transporting is pretty easy. We have the 17ft one and it sits on the swim deck and straps to the tower. No issues yet. I wouldn't bother with it if we had a nice beach to pull up to, and inflatables don't work for us because we like to take the dogs out. It would be pretty difficult to roll it back up solo, but with two people it only takes a couple minutes. For water sports we either tie it off to another boat if someone else is out with us or tie it off to something on shore. It would be a real pain to have that beast on the back while dealing tubers/wake boarders. It might not be right for everyone, but it has been awesome for us.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We were looking at one for our future pup, would be nice to train him/her to climb in and out on the mat and not clamber around the back of the boat... anyone already do that?

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We were looking at one for our future pup, would be nice to train him/her to climb in and out on the mat and not clamber around the back of the boat... anyone already do that?
The lily pad is great for taking the dogs out in deep water. Gets the dogs out of the boat and lets them get in and out of the water on their own. We also put them in life jackets so we can pull them out by the handle on the back if we need to. They are each about 75 lbs.
FB_IMG_1530325876523.jpg

Last edited: