• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Oneida lake jet boaters

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are located on Oneida lake in upstate ny, which can be pretty choppy. We are getting our first boat and have fallen in love with the Yamaha 21foot center console (well he loves the center console lol) and it’s on order for next year. It’s weird to me to buy a boat with out ever riding in it or even being able to see it in the show room, but apparently that is the way this works now. So I’m wondering if there are any Yamaha boat groups in or around Oneida lake?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Welcome! We boat on Oneida lake almost every weekend. We are on the Oneida River an go through the lock to get to the lake. At times it can get choppy, but we haven't had to much issue with our 2020 212s. It handles the chop fine. I think the newer center consoles have a hull made to handle we aves better.
We see allot of pontoons in the lake and if they can handle it, pretty much any boat can :)
As always, bigger is better when handling was be es, but you'll be fine in a 21'

Are your buying new?. If so, I assume your using Fremac? They are a great dealer and one of the larger Yamaha dealers in the area. They are super friendly and a are a great resouce. I am sure they would take you on a ride to better understand if a Yamaha is right for you.

Tham12005

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks and Yes we ordered from Fremac, they have been great but they don’t even have any they can show us.
Any problems with weeds on Oneida clogging the impropellar?

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks and Yes we ordered from Fremac, they have been great but they don’t even have any they can show us.
Any problems with weeds on Oneida clogging the impropellar?
No, issues with weeds on the lake, but they have been especially bad this year. I have had two issues on the river this year where our dock is. I just used the clean out ports to clear them.
Honestly, I've seen a ton of boats have to stop and pull weeds off their props in areas on the river this year. Allot of times they have to stop, and go in reverse to clear them. It seems that outboards aren't immune to weeds either.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are located on Oneida lake in upstate ny, which can be pretty choppy. We are getting our first boat and have fallen in love with the Yamaha 21foot center console (well he loves the center console lol) and it’s on order for next year. It’s weird to me to buy a boat with out ever riding in it or even being able to see it in the show room, but apparently that is the way this works now. So I’m wondering if there are any Yamaha boat groups in or around Oneida lake?

For what it’s worth Tham,

I bought my first boat, a Yamaha 210 FSH Sport sight unseen. I’d never even been on one before either on land or the water. I couldn’t be happier with my boat, I think you are going to really like it.

Here’s a few vids for you to peruse.

Okay looks like the second vid has some play back restrictions… never mind, found a work around.

Last edited:

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I grew up in the area. If your willing to drive a little bit I highly recommend Lake Delta and Hinkley Lake. We stopped boating on Oneida when I was younger (pollution and weeds) and went to the other lakes. My wife’s family has a place on Hinkley, and I did a lot of skiing on Delta. I moved away 10 years ago, so I’m not to up speed on the current conditions. There is a lot of great boating in upstate NY though.