• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Outdoorama Last Weekend

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boats are back in stock. I keep fawning over the FSH

20230225_153829.jpg20230225_153833.jpg20230225_154044.jpg20230225_154050.jpg

I hear you on the lustful thinking….

Does that price include the cover, safety pack and Vantage ceramic coating?

Did Yamaha start supplying a filler cushion for the table when the table is acting as part of the casting deck making a big sun pad up there?

Last edited:
I hear you on the lustful thinking….

Does that price include the cover, safety pack and Vantage ceramic coating?

Did Yamaha start supplying a filler cushion for the table when the table is acting as part of the casting deck making a big sun pad up there?

No Idea. Had the Family with me and they didn't want to hangout and look at the Yamaha's, especially the FSH........

Last edited:
Man, that 222S looks down right huge, and for some reason $71k feels reasonable in my head.

The 252FSH for $87k seems like a LOT more boat than that Skeeter for only $10k more. Am I missing something there?

I too lust after a 25ft FSH. I think it has a lot of utility even though we aren't fishermen/women in my family. Just things like being able to stay up in the breeze while at anchor instead of down in the bowl of a bowrider. No more reaching over the glass trying to dock or raft up with others. No more problems of everyone trying to be in the center of the boat at the same time (because there's two paths to the bow). Standing while driving and being up and able to see everything. Only downside is no tow point from the T-Top. Kinda hampers the wake fun a bit, once I get a foil though I doubt I'll care.

Doubt I'll have the budget for one in the next decade, and if I did I doubt I'll convince the admiral it's a good idea. She wants a boat big enough to take another family of 5 out with us. Means I'll likely land in a used 242XE.

$77k for a skeeter bass boat!!! I had no idea they cost that much now. Over 15 years ago I worked with a woman who got home from work one day to find a new bass boat in the driveway. Her husband bought it on impulse without telling her, he used $40k in joint account money to do so. They ended up divorcing less than a year later.

I also remember when yamaha first started selling 4 stroke powered 210s and 230s in the early 2000s. They maxed out around $32k, my how times have changed.

As my friend Jim put it so well..the FSH can do everything the bow rider can do, but the bow rider can’t do everything the FSH does.

I get it though, looking at the 222 bow rider, the seating looks opulent, it looks very comfy. But as @2kwik4u says in his post, there are a lot of positives that most would, imho, never recognize. Being able to move back and forth on the boat from bow to stern on each side of the helm while always having a handhold present allows folks to move around with ease. If you think thats great as a non fisherman, I can tell as someone who primarily fishes, it’s even greater. Every person that I’ve taken out save one had never been on a CC before, and they’ve all loved it compared to a more conventional set up. The only complaint if you could call it that is from my friends wife who likes to lay out, she loves the JBP casting deck with the filler cushions, but she said there’s no place to lay on your stomach…I have the swim step cushions from JBP to install for her, it will be a bit narrow but it will work. Solved.

I am a bit surprised that Yamaha didn’t put a high tow point on the boat…. There are several outboard powered CC boats with a high tow point, but the T top structure looks beefy, it would definitely be interesting to hear Yamahas point of view on the subject.

From a fishing stand point, and I don’t really know how hard this would be to do, is being able to add outriggers to the T top. True that outriggers are primarily for fishing, but companies like GemLux make bow / stern shades that slip over the outrigger rods that provide a ton of protection from the elements without the vertical poles that would keep the ability to work a fish around the boat without having to hand your rod around vertical shade poles.

I‘d say the biggest reason for me not upgrading to this sexy beast is that I don’t have a solid reason. If I had more people that wanted to go on a regular basis and we needed the room / seating then I would upgrade, or if I was going out into bigger water on a regular basis then I would upgrade- the greater free board / talker gunnels is confidence inspiring. There is of course the $$$, the cost of the boat and the higher amount of fuel usage, both of which I could afford but that would put a bigger dent in my disposable income and my 210 FSH is easier on both. Lastly, and this is probably subjective, is the ease of handling, launching / retrieving / weight. Still, there is that “want” thing dammit! I am concerned with the coming down turn in prices as there might be one of these boats that comes along with very few hours and the siren song of too good of a deal to pass up may come my way. There is so much to like about the 25’ FSH.

$77k for a skeeter bass boat!!! I had no idea they cost that much now. Over 15 years ago I worked with a woman who got home from work one day to find a new bass boat in the driveway. Her husband bought it on impulse without telling her, he used $40k in joint account money to do so. They ended up divorcing less than a year later.

I also remember when yamaha first started selling 4 stroke powered 210s and 230s in the early 2000s. They maxed out around $32k, my how times have changed.

I suspect that bass boat was the straw that broke the camels back…it was a TOTAL dick move, and that adds to my point of it being the straw that broke the camels back.

I am looking at the same way. I would like a high tow point, since the kids like the watersports and are getting into wakeboarding now and I am sure surfing is coming up soon as well. Budget is the second factor. Could get a bit tight with another starting college this fall. If prices ease and it had a high tow point, it would be a done deal for me.

I am looking at the same way. I would like a high tow point, since the kids like the watersports and are getting into wakeboarding now and I am sure surfing is coming up soon as well. Budget is the second factor. Could get a bit tight with another starting college this fall. If prices ease and it had a high tow point, it would be a done deal for me.

Has the rest of the family ever been out on one of these FSH boats? Or are they turning their nose up at this delicious dish without even tasting it?

I’m headed to the Sac Expo next week. Yamaha is supposed to be there. Those 222’s look big. Maybe I’ll work a trade. Lol

Back