• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

PICKING UP A NEW 252 FSH NEXT WEEK , HAVE QUESTIONS IF ANYONE WANTS TO CHAT

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
HEY THERE, ANYONE FEEL LIKE CALLING OR TEXTING ME THAT OWNS A 252 OR 255 FSH, HAVE QUESTIONS, WHAT TO LOOK FOR BEFORE PICK UP ?
DOES SHE NEED TRIM TABS , AND STEERING TABS FOR LOW SPEED REALLY NEEDED ? ADJUSTABLE TRIM OR SPACERS ? ROUGH WATER ? REAL PERFORMANCE GOODIES THAT DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE ? ECU TUNE, RIBBON , AIR FILTER ??? < MPG, MPH. EXTENDED WARRANTY , ANY COMMON ISSUES , HULL SIDE GRAPHICS ? , JUST WANTED TO TALK TO A OWNER. THANKS AND HAVE A GREAT BOATING AND HEALTHY NEW YEARS JET BOAT OWNERS ! MANNY , 631 258-6555

HawaiiBreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations. If the math works on the Extended Warranty you might want to consider it. I took it back in 2017 but it was a year end sales perk vs a rebate. I'm glad I did and I probably would have rolled into my cost anyway. I've only had 2 warranty claims, both were the same thing, an O2 Sensor. The steering accessories you may want to consider once you get the boat in the water and experience your needs. Trim tabs are not necessary, these boats have a stepped hull that once under way they get up on plane by design. The performance accessories I don't have any experience with but there are plenty of good people here that can chime in on those. Safety/Communication/Navigation accessories are items that I did install.

Again Congratulations!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a tab in the FAQ, new or used boat checklist. That should be your first stop. Just make sure that everything is correct from the factory. Take your new boat out and break it in per the manual, then, go out and enjoy the boat. Worry about add ons etc… later. I would not recommend any performance things like ribbon deletes, tunes etc.. while under warranty as doing so will void the warranty.

II’ve had my 210 FSH sport for over a year now, I have over 170 hours on the engines, with hundreds more on the boat using the trolling motor. I have found the boat handles well enough without trim tabs or steering enhancers.

A lot of depends on where you live and what you are going to use the boat for most of the time, for me, I love the fact there is very little hanging down underneath the boat that could catch or cut fishing line, so I have eschewed any of the steering enhancers although other members love them. You can accomplish a lot by splitting the throttles to enhance the low speed steering, way more steering authority than just just both in the same direction. The only time I’ve ever thought once that trim tabs would be helpful is when I have a hefty person on one side in the bow, then it would be nice while at speed to be able to correct the roll caused by a heavy person on one side. What I do instead is to ask people to balance the load out themselves, and if necessary as them to move to a different spot if we are going to be cruising for a while.

My prediction is you are going to love the boat without spending money on such things. Perhaps a vhf radio for comms.. and I do not think the 252 comes with the Simrad GO, so you may want to research a good MFD for fishfinders, gps map, radar etc.. again depending on where you live and what you are going to do with the boat.

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congratulations. If the math works on the Extended Warranty you might want to consider it. I took it back in 2017 but it was a year end sales perk vs a rebate. I'm glad I did and I probably would have rolled into my cost anyway. I've only had 2 warranty claims, both were the same thing, an O2 Sensor. The steering accessories you may want to consider once you get the boat in the water and experience your needs. Trim tabs are not necessary, these boats have a stepped hull that once under way they get up on plane by design. The performance accessories I don't have any experience with but there are plenty of good people here that can chime in on those. Safety/Communication/Navigation accessories are items that I did install.

Again Congratulations!
thx for the reply , guess I will try out the boat first to see if she needs the tabs ,and steering ,, happy new year

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There is a tab in the FAQ, new or used boat checklist. That should be your first stop. Just make sure that everything is correct from the factory. Take your new boat out and break it in per the manual, then, go out and enjoy the boat. Worry about add ons etc… later. I would not recommend any performance things like ribbon deletes, tunes etc.. while under warranty as doing so will void the warranty.

II’ve had my 210 FSH sport for over a year now, I have over 170 hours on the engines, with hundreds more on the boat using the trolling motor. I have found the boat handles well enough without trim tabs or steering enhancers.

A lot of depends on where you live and what you are going to use the boat for most of the time, for me, I love the fact there is very little hanging down underneath the boat that could catch or cut fishing line, so I have eschewed any of the steering enhancers although other members love them. You can accomplish a lot by splitting the throttles to enhance the low speed steering, way more steering authority than just just both in the same direction. The only time I’ve ever thought once that trim tabs would be helpful is when I have a hefty person on one side in the bow, then it would be nice while at speed to be able to correct the roll caused by a heavy person on one side. What I do instead is to ask people to balance the load out themselves, and if necessary as them to move to a different spot if we are going to be cruising for a while.

My prediction is you are going to love the boat without spending money on such things. Perhaps a vhf radio for comms.. and I do not think the 252 comes with the Simrad GO, so you may want to research a good MFD for fishfinders, gps map, radar etc.. again depending on where you live and what you are going to do with the boat.
Wow, damn your a good writer , thx for the response, going to use my hand held vhf I have laying around, , and yes it comes with the new big simrad , and will just chill like your saying and take dealing with the add on's one day at a time , after use, guess just getting excited on my first new boat , after owning a bunch of used . have a good day

Manny252

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow, damn your a good writer , thx for the response, going to use my hand held vhf I have laying around, , and yes it comes with the new big simrad , and will just chill like your saying and take dealing with the add on's one day at a time , after use, guess just getting excited on my first new boat , after owning a bunch of used . have a good day
I live on Long Island springs and summers and heading to satellite beach fl next week for the winter with the new boat I hope ! Hey , anyone down by me in fl let me know , Sabastian is a beautiful place for boating and fishing ,, can't wait guys !