• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking Up FSH 222 Sport E long distance???

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Need some advice. I’m going to go pick up a brand new FSH sport E this week. I know i need to do a thorough inspection but I’m debating on running the boat there or dragging it back home (700 miles) first. Any thoughts? I see benefits both ways but am open to suggestions. I do know it will be very boring as it will need to be broken in.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Definitely do a sea trial and make sure everything works.

I bought my boat at a dealership that was a 650 mile trip from my house to the dealer where I bought it. I had the sales take me out on the river and made sure everything worked. I just got a hotel for a couple of nights and made a bit of a trip out of it.

Looks like the break in period is 1:35 minutes total, 5 mins at trolling speed, 30 mins below 5000 rpm, 1 hour below 6000 rpm, you can burn up a lot of time learning how to use the Simrad, making sure the live well functions normally, making sure the stereo works correctly, raw water wash down works correctly, electronic throttles work in dual and single lever operation, no wake mode works correctly in both TDE and full idle ahead position, cruise assist once you can rev it a bit more, etc etc..

Last edited:

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think your personal comfort level will outweigh any technical rationale. You know what to expect from distance, what about time? Are you in a no wake zone 80% of the time? How close are marinas or towing on the way if you have a mechanical failure? Can you get “rescued” by your tow vehicle and driven home? How much beer do, oh, skip that one.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@Julian is this our old forum friend?

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport Thanks for the info. I was leaning that way but was curious what others thought. My only concern was if I did find something that wasn't a quick fix......then what lol. That's good advice on break in! I'm sure just the simrad and radio could kill an hour.

@TimW451 Thanks for the advice! I'm personally comfortable doing it anywhere! As for beer.....There will be enough!

@adrianp89 No i'm not that guy! I realized after making my name that some guy with a similar name was ban from this site some time ago. Anyways I am the good ClemsonTigers lol.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@FSH 210 Sport Thanks for the info. I was leaning that way but was curious what others thought. My only concern was if I did find something that wasn't a quick fix......then what lol. That's good advice on break in! I'm sure just the simrad and radio could kill an hour.

@TimW451 Thanks for the advice! I'm personally comfortable doing it anywhere! As for beer.....There will be enough!

@adrianp89 No i'm not that guy! I realized after making my name that some guy with a similar name was ban from this site some time ago. Anyways I am the good ClemsonTigers lol.
I had the same thoughts about a bigger problem coming up, so I had left room in my plans to stay a couple extra days if I needed to, or I’d just have to make the drive again if it couldn’t be fixed right away, this issue sorta comes with the territory of buying so far away.

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I had the same thoughts about a bigger problem coming up, so I had left room in my plans to stay a couple extra days if I needed to, or I’d just have to make the drive again if it couldn’t be fixed right away, this issue sorta comes with the territory of buying so far away.
I do have a few days built in. It would just really stink to drive all that way for no reason. I guess I will roll the dice and update what happens.

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ended up bringing it home and breaking it in here. Everything works so lucked up in that regard. Only complaint is the boat porpoises and really needs some trim tabs. Also needs cobra jets or thrust vectors but every jet boat does.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
What do you boat in that you need trim trabs?

I know guys that go 30 miles in the gulf on a 195 just fine.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ended up bringing it home and breaking it in here. Everything works so lucked up in that regard. Only complaint is the boat porpoises and really needs some trim tabs. Also needs cobra jets or thrust vectors but every jet boat does.
Pic or it didnt happen :D :D :D

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@adrianp89 mostly a large lake but this boat is expected to make the run to Bimini at least a couple of times. With no weight in the bow the boat wants to porpoise. Granted I only have a few hours on it but it seems to me the ride would be exponentially better with trim tabs. Trust me I don’t want to spend the 3k to get them lol.

@fatboyroy I only took 1 so here it is. Post some better ones along the way

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are porpoising over waves 1-3 ft with tight intervals, it will help tremendously, like night and day. For larger swells and rollers it does not.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you try using the no wake mode and leave the throttle in the TDE position? No wake #3 in TDE position provides brisk directional control. If you don’t know what TDE, thrust directional enhancer, is then read your manual. TDE is standard equipment on your boat.

The other thing to learn is how to split the throttles, you’re missing out on one of the best handling traits of a twin engine boat. Just be sure to leave the steering wheel in the straight ahead or centered position when you do that.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@adrianp89 mostly a large lake but this boat is expected to make the run to Bimini at least a couple of times. With no weight in the bow the boat wants to porpoise. Granted I only have a few hours on it but it seems to me the ride would be exponentially better with trim tabs. Trust me I don’t want to spend the 3k to get them lol.

@fatboyroy I only took 1 so here it is. Post some better ones along the way
thanks! Love the color!!!!

ClemsonTigers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@HangOutdoors the ride is very dry so far. Honestly we went through a storm the other day on the lake with 2-3’ whitecaps in small intervals and it handled it well at high speed. I haven’t given it fair shot yet so I will run it more and see how it performs in a variety of conditions.

@FSH 210 Sport the low speed handling is excellent and yes I’m familiar with TDE. Parking is a breeze! I feel it needs the vectors or cobras for higher speed maneuvering. I feel like I get stuck in waves / wakes when traveling on a parallel heading. It’s annoying. A little more bite on tracking would help I think. Idk. Do you have either cobras or vectors on your 210?

@fatboyroy you don’t have to twist my arm to brag about the new boat 😂. Thank you! Honestly I was mediocre on the color until I saw it in person. It’s pretty slick! I’ve gotten quite a few compliments on the color after people stop staring at me funny wondering where the outboard is haha!

A note for anyone with the fly by wire controls. I was beaching the other day when a guy yelled at me to reverse thinking I was going to hit bottom with my inboard foot lol. Unfortunately, I listened (I had no idea why he was yelling but I reacted) and when I did this in the shallow sandy area, the boat immediately threw a code, and I lost complete control of the engines. Throttles would not respond at all. Scared the crap out of me to be honest because there were lots of boats around, but thankfully we were able to manually push it on shore without me taking another boat out (though my pride took a hit. Made me look like a rookie 🤦🏻‍♂️) Anyways, to make a long story short rocks got in one of the buckets and jammed it very quickly. Once I got the rocks out, everything was fine, but I just wanted to bring that up for anyone who may not know about Jetdrives and small rocks. The place we hang out at called sandy beach, has very coarse sand, which is the perfect size for jamming these buckets up. I think the code was GMU08 or something similar. Should’ve written it down in hindsight. Just wanted to mention this, because I lost all throttle control in a matter of seconds and I wanted to make sure other people are aware of this. Could get you in a sticky situation if you’re not prepared. Also, the fix is easy, just shake the bucket until the rocks fall out. Lol.

Attachments