• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Playpen (Michigan) Boating Accident Victim Speaks

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I see the potential for this happening ALL the time in a crowd of anchored boats.

We have stayed away from anchoring with crowds of boats and those drinking. I have seen some crazy things that are very upsetting happening. The only time we have been anchored with other boats like that was on Crab Island, and I was always watching.

Have seen boats hit each other. One person get ran over, but thank god no injuries. And various amounts of stupid.

Some background and more info:

Wow, a captain with 10 years experience. This could happen / be caused by anyone of us, regardless of experience. A jet boat may not sever any limbs but could still kill or cause life changing injuries if it runs over someone or pinches them against another boat, dock or shore.

Some background and more info:

Was the captain tested for drugs or alcohol?

I wonder just how close he was to the raft in order for it to suck her under. He probably thought he was in good shape. Doesn’t sound like something an experienced boater would do negligently.

Not sure how someone with that supposed amount of experience is running their engines that close to people in the water. If I am a drift with people in the water, I would never consider starting the engines. If I drift into someone, something or another boat or have to run aground, it is what it is till I can safely run the engines. Kill the engines and figure it out.

Not sure how someone with that supposed amount of experience is running their engines that close to people in the water. If I am a drift with people in the water, I would never consider starting the engines. If I drift into someone or another boat, it is what it is till I can safely run the engines.
That’s true! I didn’t articulate myself very well. What I meant was, I wonder how close (or how far) a boat needs to be before it starts to draw things closer toward the propeller.

That’s true! I didn’t articulate myself very well. What I meant was, I wonder how close (or how far) a boat needs to be before it starts to draw things closer toward the propeller.

Good question, makes sense.

The guy was clearly a moron.

The video in the one link shows the actual incident

Back