• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Possible new tow vehicle.......Lets hear thoughts from the gallery.......

Have you towed the new boat with it? Based on the towing review when I replace the Suburban sounds like I will be going with the 3.0.
So far just the 10 miles home from the dealer. I think the Supreme is balanced on the trailer with a little less tongue weight it seemed, but there wasn't much difference in how the truck pulled it. Just hummed along down the freeway with ponies to spare.

We've had the 3.0L Duramax for a little over a year now ('21 Sierra 1500 AT4) and put a little over 10k miles on it. My wife lets me drive it occasionally... We're extremely happy with it. I major step up from my old '05 Silverado with the 5.3L. It honestly hauls the boat around like a HD, could do 80mph down the freeway or drag it thru the canyon without breaking a sweat. It's shocking to think it's got 3.6L deficit on the 6.6L in my Denali... truthfully, it's a ballsy little rig!

The interior of the AT4 is nicer than my '18 Denali HD. Lots of tech upgrades as well. It rides a lot more comfortable than the HD too, but that's too be expected.

As for milage we seem to hover around 16-18 in town and on the freeway, I've got the average (25 mile) up to 30mpg. That was probably rare. We're consistently in the upper 20's on short freeway stints without making a effort.

Last summer we took the boat on a camping trip to a small mountain reservoir 2.5 hours away (130mi). The drive took us up one canyon gaining 3k ft then down 2k ft then up a 2nd canyon back up 2k ft. We set the trip info to see how we did. I want to say that she averaged over 12mpg there and back. We took a pic of the dash, but it's probably on my wife's phone because I can't find it, which I thought was pretty stellar with the elevation changed and all in there. That's trusting the computer, which I think is fairly accurate. We did put 33" tires on it, which I know throws the speedo off by about 2mph, so...?

Anyway, we feel like we bought the right truck for us. Not a single issue with it and not a bad thing to say about it.
Okay, I was able to get the trip info from the trip I was referring to pulling the AR240 with the 3.0L Duramax. This was round trip 286.5 miles ascending and descending 2 canyons. The results we better than I mentioned prior, with 14.4mpg being the actual [HASH=143]#.[/HASH]
received_675227507034092-01.jpeg

Okay, I was able to get the trip info from the trip I was referring to pulling the AR240 with the 3.0L Duramax. This was round trip 286.5 miles ascending and descending 2 canyons. The results we better than I mentioned prior, with 14.4mpg being the actual [HASH=143]#.[/HASH]
View attachment 176171
Now imagine if you were pulling on the flats, the 3.0 pulls impressive MPG’s. My only concern was buying one and being disappointed with the pull, however based on what you have said in other posts this seems like the right motor.

Now imagine if you were pulling on the flats, the 3.0 pulls impressive MPG’s. My only concern was buying one and being disappointed with the pull, however based on what you have said in other posts this seems like the right motor.
Agreed.

I'm pretty sold on the 3.0L in general.

Not sure if this particular vehicle is the right example for me or not. It was sitting at the GMC dealer when I drove by last night. Not sure it's even been looked at yet. Im not in a rush at much of any level, but don't like waiting either. We'll see.

Next closest white AT4 with 3.0L/Sunroof/Tech Package is almost 300mi away. If I open up the colors to grey and blue the. I can find some within 100mi. Varying levels of miles and price. Lowest is around $57k, highest is $65k.

Priced a new one with the refreshed interior. It's in the $68k range. So I'm looking at ~13% savings by going used at a $59k price point. Still on the fence if that's worth it versus buying new. Friend of mine thinks I should go new and give leasing a try. I'm nervous about going over miles, even with a well structured lease setup.

More details as they arise.

If its a narrow price point, I would purchase the new one.

Personally, I like the full warranty on a new vehicle. I like even better, that the financing rate is usually lower on the new vehicle, which in reality shrinks the price difference between new and used.

Jim

I’d buy new and avoid the lease. You might even be able to get that price down some more. If ordering new you can pretty much order from any dealer in the country. Check out the GMC forums to see what dealer is cutting deals.

I’d buy new and avoid the lease. You might even be able to get that price down some more. If ordering new you can pretty much order from any dealer in the country. Check out the GMC forums to see what dealer is cutting deals.
Guy at work did this. Ordered from Laura GMC in St Louis. Got a pretty stellar deal on a loaded up 2500 AT4. Ordered, paid, and worked the entire deal online and over the phone. Rented a car and drove over from Louisville and drove the new truck home. He wasn't trading so it made it pretty easy deal overall. He was also paying cash, so again, made it really simple. Said he found the place through the forums.

Might get his sales guys info and see what he has to say. If he can get me into the $65k range I could possibly stretch the budget a bit.

On the used front......found this one this morning. Just a few bucks more than the local one, a year newer, and about half the miles. 3.5hrs north of me though. Distance hasn't stopped me before though.

2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Crew Cab 4WD - $60,998
Mileage: 25,393 Location: Marysville, OH

Guy at work did this. Ordered from Laura GMC in St Louis. Got a pretty stellar deal on a loaded up 2500 AT4. Ordered, paid, and worked the entire deal online and over the phone. Rented a car and drove over from Louisville and drove the new truck home. He wasn't trading so it made it pretty easy deal overall. He was also paying cash, so again, made it really simple. Said he found the place through the forums.

Might get his sales guys info and see what he has to say. If he can get me into the $65k range I could possibly stretch the budget a bit.

On the used front......found this one this morning. Just a few bucks more than the local one, a year newer, and about half the miles. 3.5hrs north of me though. Distance hasn't stopped me before though.

2021 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Crew Cab 4WD - $60,998
Mileage: 25,393 Location: Marysville, OH
Coughlin is a good dealer. Bought both my trucks from them! Used to know the old F&I guy but think they cut him loose when Covid-19 came. If you want me to do some local recon on the truck let me know!

-mark

My first truck was an '05 Silverado with the 5.3L. I put that rig to work pulling several different trailers including a 36' camper, ATV trailer with a side-by-side and 2 4-wheelers, my parents 4 Winns, and was the truck I owned when we started our cabinet shop hauling rented 18-20' cargo trailers full of cabinets. I felt like I was struggling to maintain a decent freeway speed. I tried to be nice and not force it to downshift too much, but it was inevitable. Granted, it probably did not have the best rear gear for towing. I bought it used and have no idea what was in it.

There's really no comparison between that truck and this one. If I didn't need the HD for the 5th wheel I'm certain it would make a great shop truck, I'm certain it could handle the job. It just makes torque in all the right places.

Tires are Load E rated at 3640. My tires can handle the weight. It drives me crazy that I am 1200 lbs under on the front axle, and 800 lbs under on the rear, but payload is too heavy. Total BS.
Honestly I would upgrade the suspension before trading in. That truck and axles are built for the type of weight you’re carrying.

It’s not official here but I know in some countries like Australia you can legally increase your payload with appropriate suspension upgrades.

It’s a balance from the factory. There is no fixed spring that can ride ok unloaded and also hold 2000lbs without sag, it just doesn’t exist.

we
Honestly I would upgrade the suspension before trading in. That truck and axles are built for the type of weight you’re carrying.

It’s not official here but I know in some countries like Australia you can legally increase your payload with appropriate suspension upgrades.

It’s a balance from the factory. There is no fixed spring that can ride ok unloaded and also hold 2000lbs without sag, it just doesn’t exist.
Problem is that even if it rides okay, the vehicle will be probably be over the state registration limit for the tags. Not necessarily a problem, unless you get pulled for a weight check.
Jim

Coughlin is a good dealer. Bought both my trucks from them! Used to know the old F&I guy but think they cut him loose when Covid-19 came. If you want me to do some local recon on the truck let me know!

-mark
Thanks for the feedback on them.

Looks like they have TWO of the same trucks on the lot. One with more miles than the other.

Have some calls to make on Monday!

we

Problem is that even if it rides okay, the vehicle will be probably be over the state registration limit for the tags. Not necessarily a problem, unless you get pulled for a weight check.
Jim
I think you can register for more weight.

I know I had 10k tags on an S10 in Kentucky for several years. It was a clerical error that got it started, but they renewed it for almost a decade even after asking repeatedly if it needed to be addressed. No way in heck I was getting that truck to move with 10k of weight on it :D :D

Well,

Just built a truck online at GMC.com. Results are not as great as I thought they might be.

$69,255 with all the options I want. $833/mo lease estimate with my money down and trade value and all that. This is the same White/Black 1500 class AT4 with the 3.0L, Sunroof and Tech package that I'm looking for elsewhere. Also has the refreshed '22 interior. Arguably worth the extra ~$9k (12% increase) to get something brand new and with the new interior.

Inventory in general is low and more importantly inventory with all the options is scare. According to GMC.com there is only one, it's in transit, and it doesn't have the heated/ventilated seats, no heated steering wheel, and no parking sensors. Only comments that the steering wheel is to be retrofitted. I'm curious if I order if I can be guaranteed it will have ALL the options installed when it shows up, or if I'm going to be stuck getting something that's half built because of the parts shortages.

On top of that the "credit" for not having those features seems REALLY REALLY slim compared to the package you have to buy to get them in the first place.

1650811314675.png

Bigger credit for no fender liners than for no parking sensors, or seat features? $25 credit for no heated steering wheel? Really? That's it? Seems shady and disingenuous of GMC.

Well,

Just built a truck online at GMC.com. Results are not as great as I thought they might be.

$69,255 with all the options I want. $833/mo lease estimate with my money down and trade value and all that. This is the same White/Black 1500 class AT4 with the 3.0L, Sunroof and Tech package that I'm looking for elsewhere. Also has the refreshed '22 interior. Arguably worth the extra ~$9k (12% increase) to get something brand new and with the new interior.

Inventory in general is low and more importantly inventory with all the options is scare. According to GMC.com there is only one, it's in transit, and it doesn't have the heated/ventilated seats, no heated steering wheel, and no parking sensors. Only comments that the steering wheel is to be retrofitted. I'm curious if I order if I can be guaranteed it will have ALL the options installed when it shows up, or if I'm going to be stuck getting something that's half built because of the parts shortages.

On top of that the "credit" for not having those features seems REALLY REALLY slim compared to the package you have to buy to get them in the first place.

View attachment 176275

Bigger credit for no fender liners than for no parking sensors, or seat features? $25 credit for no heated steering wheel? Really? That's it? Seems shady and disingenuous of GMC.

I don’t know about the 1500 series but the heated wheel, heated/ventilated seats, parking sensors are all retrofit items just waiting on a chip. Rear heated seats have been gone since July and have a different facia on the back of the console. The fender liners were not available for about a month but the credit on those is enough for the purchase and the installation and they are available. This is all based on the three 2500 Denali I have had in order since last August. The rear fender liners are available and are in stock and your dealer can install them during prep. The other items have the hardware installed but are waiting on chips. It’s just going to be a plug and play, the money deducted is to pay you for the inconvenience of not having them immediately.

@WV Hillbilly Thanks for the info. I'll hop over to that forum and sign up and look around.

Found similar results over on LauraGMC's website. They have a few in stock, but have a note in the options section that the seats and wheel are retrofit items. Gonna call over there on Monday once I get a sales guys name from the guy at work.

If this one is legitimately on the lot, and priced at $68k and change, it might be enough to stretch for.

Well,

View attachment 176275

It depends on how you cut it… I like the heated / cooled seats and the rear heated seats. The refreshed interiors.. kind of “meh” for me. I didn’t like the refreshed exterior on the ‘19 but am glad now I got it.
I’d consider the used before a Covid -19 / chip delete version. I guess the other way to look at it is it’s less computer dependent.

I’d go used.

Ford was doing similar crap with a tiny credit for missing features. The credit is supposed to cover the inconvenience of bring it back for the retrofit, which is free. There is no time frame for them to do it, so it's really a blind trust that they'll ever get around to you. I've not heard of anyone getting their retrofits yet. So you will likely have traded it before they get to you.

Most dealers with stuff on the lot won't sell at msrp. We found a few expeditions and explorers like that, and they all wanted over MSRP.... Even for a demo car with a couple thousand miles. Between that and the time frame for waiting, we went used and I feel fantastic about that choice lol.

Back