• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post pics from the boat ramp!

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We rented a house on Nolin Lake in KY one year. When we showed up at the ramp to drop the boat in... this guy was hogging the ramp and taking forever to retrieve! 😆 They couldn’t get the trailer to telescope out so they hooked a van to the end of the trailer and did a tractor pull with the semi smoking tires until it popped loose. It was very cool to see something that large come out of the water.
View attachment 141075
@swatski said he's definitely gonna need a front hitch to fit that in the back yard! LOL

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Admin

I know this might not be the proper place, but it's in this thread, so I figured I'd post it here, please move if need be. Lately (last week-ish?), any facebook stuff has ceased to appear within any threads. Here's a screenshot of exactly what I (don't) see on Zipper's post above, for an example.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-01-30T21-08-15.210Z.png

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Admin

I know this might not be the proper place, but it's in this thread, so I figured I'd post it here, please move if need be. Lately (last week-ish?), any facebook stuff has ceased to appear within any threads. Here's a screenshot of exactly what I (don't) see on Zipper's post above, for an example.

View attachment 141171
It comes up as a link for me. A working one at that.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know, that's what's so puzzling to me. I know there's something there, but it doesn't even show me where unless I quote/reply, and then I have to cut/paste to be able to view. Not sure why my browser would be blocking facebook links. I don't even have a facebook account, but in the past, it would at least let me see the link. 🤷‍♂️

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Admin

View attachment 141171
Sometimes it shows as a FB link other times you see a frame from the video. After I read @Drew karee 's post I went to my post and it was in link form. I clicked on the link and the first frame of the video appears. After refreshing the page, The first frame is there. Maybe it is because you are on the dark side. ;) But the screen shot of yours is proof that you do not see the link at least.

In the frame below you see an Austlalian woman holding an orr to fend off some asshat in a dinghy. I does not go well for the guy in the dinghy.

Screenshot_20210130-172557_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@drewkaree I copied the video and uploaded. Looks like it may have been taken down on youtube. For those who cannot see it...you can now. It was taken in that format, so I recorded it in the same.

Last edited:

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@drewkaree I copied the video and uploaded. Looks like it may have been taken down on youtube. For those who cannot see it...you can now. It was taken in that format, so I recorded it in the same.

o_Oo_Oo_O

They should have kept beating the shit out of that guy! I can't really tell, but it sure seems like he was drunk as a skunk.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
9C01D2A0-AC09-4C8B-9186-CC66F8AA164C.jpeg
Putting in on Lake Michigan at Burnham Harbor in Chicago. That’s the old Meigs Field now Northerly Island in the background

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So glad i dont have to put up with the whackadoo randomness of the public docks anymore. Here is a shot of our dock from our deck. Norris Lake is down 20'. Too dam cold to do any boatin but our little group of homeowners did it right. That ramp goes down another 10ft into the water if you did wanna go out.

IMG_0868.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg

Last edited:

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
So glad i dont have to put up with the whackadoo randomness of the public docks anymore. Here is a shot of our dock from our deck. Norris Lake is down 20'. Too dam cold to do any boatin but our little group of homeowners did it right. That ramp goes down another 10ft into the water if you did wanna go out.

View attachment 141311
View attachment 141314
This is normal winter lake level for you?
Reminds me of the severe drought we had a few years ago during summer, the lake levels just kept dropping. Note the grass growth on the banks...

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

Seadeals

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think Norris is a lake they drop significantly in winter to buffer snow melt metering downstream. Fontana Lake is one that drops 60’ in the winter! You can see the boat ramp In Bryson City to the right in the picture. To the left is a bridge from the old NC Hwy 288 that they flooded after building the dam. It, and many of the old bridges, spend most of their time under water.
D2C82080-2F04-4295-9AA2-CCBE20FAA6AA.jpeg

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
This is normal winter lake level for you?
Reminds me of the severe drought we had a few years ago during summer, the lake levels just kept dropping. Note the grass growth on the banks...
Yessir, thats normal. It feeds a major part of the Tennessee River into Knoxville. If they didnt lower it, Knoxville would flood on a regular basis. Norris has 900 miles of shoreline so that 20ft is a shit ton of water. They ramp up the levels about end of Feb. 2yrs ago it was 1031ft. Its usually 1020ft. Pics below show where our dock usually sits and where it was 3yrs ago. Notice the bible camp across the cove is dam near under water.

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 7.00.06 AM.png
Norris 1021 ft.jpg
Norris 1031 ft.jpeg

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
20200827_192233.jpg

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
DSC_2273.JPG

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think Norris is a lake they drop significantly in winter to buffer snow melt metering downstream. Fontana Lake is one that drops 60’ in the winter! You can see the boat ramp In Bryson City to the right in the picture. To the left is a bridge from the old NC Hwy 288 that they flooded after building the dam. It, and many of the old bridges, spend most of their time under water.
View attachment 141341
Oh how I miss riding tail of the dragon and cherohala skyway.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Some places have ramps.

Some other don't.
View attachment 140838

Done it for years (Bullshoals Lake, AR); just need to be slow and steady.
This picture shows the slope a little bit better.
View attachment 140839
--
Back in the day when the line at the launch ramp was 20 deep, I'd lock my hubs and go down the mountain and yank my Sanger out. Of course I was 3 sheets into the wind, but I did it. My truck was like a tractor. Of course a few guys tried to chase me down. Those were the days!