• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Post up your funny MEMES (Nothing Political Please)

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I once forgot to strictly log my miles from a business trip in my personal car. This was a significant problem that would cost me over $100. So, I typed Mapquest.com into my trusty work computer, through my very large automotive supply company's corporate network. Well, I mistyped and entered "manquest.com." I did not realize my mistake until the manquest.com splash screen with its very large, erect male member took over my entire desktop monitor. I immediately shut the browser and tried to settle down, sure I would have a heart attack if I did not.

I then went to HR to speak with the Generalist, Dave. He looked quite concerned and called in George, the Manager. After i quickly told him what happened, George got a VERY serious look on his face and said, I want to get Mary's input on this. (Mary was much younger, quite attractive, and in charge of Labor Relations). As George buzzes Mary, I started to wonder how this could possibly be a Labor issue. Mary pops her head in, and George told her to come all the way in. She looks at George, Dave, and me, says "Okaaaay," and steps in, closing door behind her.

George, damn him, makes me explain the situation to Mary. As a very fair complected strawberry blonde, her blush was immediate, obvious, and intense. I look from her, to Dave, then back to George. Several seconds of complete silence pass. George says to me, "So, how do you expect to, uh, rectify this situation, young man?" I blurted out, "As it was an innocent mistake... but I know IT logs Internet usage... I thought I'd type up a letter... HR could hold it for me... in case this ever gets any attention!"

George gave me a steely-eyed look above his readers and said, with an odd strained-looking expression on his face, "Well, given the circum... sta... nces..." Then he burst out in explosive laughter. Dave quickly joined in, doing a dry-mouthed spit take (if that is even possible). Mary went from beet red to very pale in about two heartbeats. Then just the edge of an impish grin snuck onto her face. Without saying anything, she walked out.

George turned to Dave and me and suggested we could take it from there. Back in Dave's office, between fits of laughter, Dave chokes out instructions to type up that letter I suggested. As I was leaving his office he managed to say, before another wave of laughter engulfed him, "Double check what you type before hitting enter."

100% true story, near as I can recall. I am guessing this was in early 2004.

Last edited: