• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Quad Lock

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at this for the boat. Also They have one for my bike, which is what I was looking for origanally.... Yep I am going to start riding it to get some excercise in.
Wondering if I should just get into the ecosystem.

Anyone use these and can give a review or have a better alternative? I have a suction cup RAM mount and it is ok on the boat. They also have a wireless charging head option that i weatherproof. Would be nice for the boat.

Marine - Quad Lock® USA - Official Store (quadlockcase.com)

This is the one I currently have for the boat.
RAM Mounts X-Grip Large Phone Mount with RAM Twist-Lock Suction Cup Base RAM-B-166-C-UN10U with Long Arm for Vehicle Windshields (amazon.com)

I have been using the quad lock in my work truck and my personal truck for about 6-8 months. I have the wireless mount in my personal truck and just regular mount in my delivery truck. I like the system. The case is slightly thicker than I would like, but not terrible on my iPhone 14 pro. I plan to buy a mount for the boat this spring. I have never had the phone fall off, although over time, it does get slightly looser. I am about to try their warranty on my case. The tabs in the lock system have chipped in a couple of places, but it hasn’t caused any issues with holding capability.

The wireless charger looks pretty cool…. I’ve thought about a holder for my phone.

The wireless charger is nice, but keep in mind, it still has to be plugged in somewhere, so you still have a little wire management to deal with

The wireless charger is nice, but keep in mind, it still has to be plugged in somewhere, so you still have a little wire management to deal with

Copy…. Thank you for the reminder! …. I’m going to be replacing the oem rag / T top with a hard top and an E box, so the phone charging may move to that area. Currently I have just the oem 12V outlet thats down low on the helm and I string a charger cord(s) up to the dash to charge; I Pilot remote, cell phone or I Pad. I appreciate creative charging solutions! I also want to add a few more 12V power outlets around the boat to run / charge various accessories.

I've had a Scanstrut Edge charging mount in the last two boats I've had and also installed one in my work vehicle that gets used 40+ hours a week - they've been bulletproof. They are made by a company that used to specialize in high-end marine communication mounts and masts but they've obviously found a side hustle; I just looked at the website and they have expanded greatly since the last I looked and I will probably be putting another variant in for the wife and her buddies to use. No need to lock yourself in to a specific case brand, looks more OEM I think than the Quadlock, and may be substantially cheaper considering every device needs a case.

With all the pounding we take in the boat, I want to make sure the phone doesn't fly out of its holder.

If that was in reference to my post I'm not sure it would be possible to shake the phone from the Scanstrut Edge (or Active) in a boat, in the vertical position or flat, without the hull splitting or passengers being thrown overboard. Even then it would probably hold on to the phone all the way to the bottom. Just my personal experience, though.

If that was in reference to my post I'm not sure it would be possible to shake the phone from the Scanstrut Edge (or Active) in a boat, in the vertical position or flat, without the hull splitting or passengers being thrown overboard. Even then it would probably hold on to the phone all the way to the bottom. Just my personal experience, though.

Good info. Tired of spending money on stuff that doesn't work out.

I considered it... but went with PeakDesign for the ecosystem. I found the PD locking mechanism combined with the magsafe style array of magnets a better option. Less cubersome... and for many mounts, the locking portion is unecessary such as in a car. So it just sticks via magets for that. Definitely worth comparing those two.

I use the quad lock on my motorcycle. I have the vibration dampener and wireless charger with the auto voltage control. The thing is rock solid even at 80 mph in full wind blast. I am mounting one on my waverunner and in my boat.

Back