• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Question for FSH owners

Karthorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking to purchase my first boat, and i'm completely eyed up on the 210 sport...maybe the deluxe.

I'm looking to use it in salt water mainly, 3-5 maybe 10 miles off shore?

I'll also be a first time boat owner so any other tips are welcome.

How much time does it take to take off T-top? (hence maybe deluxe, as carport would prevent from getting into yard to store, and wouuld rather store in carport)
How will it handle being say 10 miles offshore?
What do you dislike about the boat?
What do you like about the boat?
Would you suggest this boat to a first time captian?
What kind of surf would you deem the boat can handle? (i'm thinking 2-4? unless of course the times are stupid long like 10... then i don't think my kayak would even rock)

I posted these questions in the welcome board but am realizing this is probably the better place for it.

Also what do you use to tow this boat? I have a 2021 Tacoma sport double cab.
Suggest sway control?
Possibly a weight distribution? (though my tacoma is has a 6200 lb tow rating so i'm not sure this would be needed, kind of doubt it since even loaded and tanks full it probably comes in around 4300 or so

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm looking to purchase my first boat, and i'm completely eyed up on the 210 sport...maybe the deluxe.

How much time does it take to take off T-top? (hence maybe deluxe, as carport would prevent from getting into yard to store, and wouuld rather store in carport)
What kind of surf would you deem the boat can handle? (i'm thinking 2-4? unless of course the times are stupid long like 10... then i don't think my kayak would even rock)

I posted these questions in the welcome board but am realizing this is probably the better place for it.

Suggest sway control?
Possibly a weight distribution? (though my tacoma is has a 6200 lb tow rating so i'm not sure this would be needed, kind of doubt it since even loaded and tanks full it probably comes in around 4300 or so
Welcome to the forum! I picked up my 210 FSH Sport last month, and it's waiting in my garage for the ice to melt off the lake. I love it, and as i crawl all over it getting to know everything i can about it, i continue to get more and more impressed. Although from a performance perspective, I actually can't even tell you if this one floats until spring!

The one useful thing i can offer is that i pulled it the 40 miles home from the dealer using my father's Honda Ridgeline (5000lb tow rating). I have a Silverado 3500HD, but i needed his added maneuverability to back it up my driveway and make the hard turn into the garage. I can tell you that the Ridgeline pulled it like a champ. No issues in my very limited experience.

And i LOVE the t-top.

Karthorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
And i LOVE the t-top.
I'm going to take a look at one in person this weekend (already sold). I'm aware it will take a while to order one but probably going to put a 500 down with dealer for first dib's lines.

Did you finance? if so how's that work out? I'm researching and seeing that you can have extremely long terms if you want a super low montly ect.... of course you pay boat loads more in the long run. But from yamaha site the promo codes seem to be 60 or 72 month loans.

Anyways, i also like the t top because the heat and sun can kill me. But the deluxe i can straight up drive it into the driveway under the car port with no work at all. Ass the lowest point of the carport is 8'6". SOOOOO wondering how hard it is to take the T-Top off and on from the bolts near the console. I think it has wiring up it though.... Maybe i could do some modding and re route wiring outside of the steal in so it's not a complete pain in the ass each time? If it takes way to much efford to do it though, it might not be worth it as doing that every time i get back from a trip would probably suck. Again hense the entertaining the deluxe one. Though i to prefer the Ttop,

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Everyone has different approaches to financing. My current opinion...money is cheap right now, so I look for the lowest rate i can get on a REALLY long loan. I can make more with my cash than the 4% i'm paying on that loan. And i can always change my mind and pay it off early if i want. The dealer just connected me with a broker they really like who has a bunch of banks he works with to find the best deal for each situation. He found one that worked for me.

The wiring on the t-top has a quick disconnect, so that part is easy. And it's only six (?) bolts. But i think it is HEAVY. Two person job, is what many have said.

Dave1949

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Suggest sway control?
I have been out in the Gulf around nine miles. The way to judge the conditions is to visit the inlet you are using. Rollers are not the problem it's the chop that can be irritating. The boat can handle rougher water than my body can. Hopefully you know how to handle your boat in rougher waters. My biggest hit was from the wakes of larger boats that didn't have the courtesy to slow down a little. Stay safe.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Going off shore no one can tell you what condition it is that is good for you or the boat, try with calm water first, eventually you will experience sudden change and waves just gets bigger. For first time boater I would suggest get lots of experience at the bay first and take someone off shore with experience if you know someone. Inlet entry/exit is the tricky part as it gets rougher in that section, I have been on 5 footer on my 19' FSH and its no problem but it gets tricky going in the inlet at that condition. I also have 2 radio and ePirb, its very important that you are well equipped going off shore for any emergency.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Suggest sway control?
It takes roughly 20 minutes to take the T top off, and that’s just using hand tools.

What do I dislike about the boat? The drink holders up in the bow and the rear rod holders drain straight down and into the storage compartments. I blocked off the drains in the bow drink holders and will be adding rod holder drains to the rear rod holders to keep those storage compartments dry. The anchor locker should open to the side and not back towards you.

What do I like about the boat ? While I had some boat experience decades ago with my Dads boat I’m a first time boater like you. There’s a lot to like about this boat, it’s relatively light weight makes it easy to launch and load as does its maneuverability with twin engines. Excellent fuel economy, with 5 adults on board and all of our gear cruising at 27 mph i easily got 3+ mpg. Ease of and low maintenance requirement, since you will be in salt water just be sure and flush the engines thoroughly after each outing, probably wouldn’t hurt to use salt away as well. Excellent fishing platform, tons of rod storage and with its 20° dead rise in the rear it is stable and doesnt roll to the side too much even with three guys fishing off one side, but still has a sharp enough bow to handle bigger water. Its also great for entertaining and cruising, I took mine to lake Powell last summer when my friends and I rented a house boat, and my boat got used as the fun bus, we went on several long journeys and explored many slot canyons, as well as several days of fishing. The removable jump seats and their back rests make for great seating while underway and the smoothest ride next to the helm seat in bigger water and can be quickly stowed in the head compartment when you get to where you are going. I also added the casting platform / sun pad from Jet Boat Pilot and I slept on that sun pad for the 7 nights we were there. There’s also plenty of storage on this boat. The insulated fish box in the bow and the live well can serve as ice boxes as well as storage. The live well works great at keeping fish alive, it has a selectable aerator run time (in auto) on the connext screen where you can select how many minutes it runs and how many minutes it’s off which helps extend the house battery life on a long day out or the aerator can but put in manual and runs continuously. Or you can just let the fill pump run continuously which flows fresh water in and the excess goes out the over flow. The swim platform is awesome… I land most of my fish on the swim platform, when out for a day on the water and floating most folks hang out back there. The shelf in the forward part of the head compartment holds the trolling motor batteries out of the way, and the trolling motor makes trolling and fishing pretty easy when fishing alone. I’ve also used the trolling motor to slow cruise with guests. It’s also a great platform for towing tubes around the lake, everyone has a great seat to watch the action.

I think this is a great boat for a first time captain. You will need to practice your docking skills as you would in any boat, since this is your first boat you will not have as hard a time as those coming from outboards or I/O drives. Learn to use the twin engines, split throttles, to enhance your low speed maneuverability along with low speed and small applications of power. The visibility while driving is great.

How does it handle surf? Here’s a video that was posted a couple of weeks ago, I think the guy in the video states it’s 4-6’ seas. Other than the guys wife getting pissed off it looks like fun. I’ve never had my boat in surf, but have been in 6’ seas with short frequency and I thought the boat handled fine.

I use a one ton crew cab four wheel drive to tow my boat. My friend has a tundra that he has towed my boat with and he said it towed great. based on the tow ratings you provided with your Tacoma I doubt you will need a load equalizing hitch, nor do I think you need sway control. The boats fuel tank is centered over the axles. You are correct in that the boat and trailer weigh roughly 4300# with full fuel on the boat. The weight carrying capacity is 2250# of people (10 max) and gear with 1830# being the max weight for people.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Regarding the T-top, have you considered getting a FSH without a T-top and adding an aftermarket, folding, T-top? When I was looking at Robalo center consoles, the Fishmaster Pro Series Folding T-Top peaked my interest. You would have to figure out if this top, when folded, was low enough for your needs.

Jim

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Get the deluxe buy an aftermarket tea top and probably be easier you can find one that comes off at four pins and there’s a lot lighter.j484AC0EC-0DDA-4A53-B732-95395CAB530B.jpeg

Karthorn

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Regarding the T-top, have you considered getting a FSH without a T-top and adding an aftermarket, folding, T-top? When I was looking at Robalo center consoles, the Fishmaster Pro Series Folding T-Top peaked my interest. You would have to figure out if this top, when folded, was low enough for your needs.

Jim
Yes, The problem is finding a deluxe seems impossible.
It takes roughly 20 minutes to take the T top off, and that’s just using hand tools.

What do I dislike about the boat? The drink holders up in the bow and the rear rod holders drain straight down and into the storage compartments. I blocked off the drains in the bow drink holders and will be adding rod holder drains to the rear rod holders to keep those storage compartments dry. The anchor locker should open to the side and not back towards you.

What do I like about the boat ? While I had some boat experience decades ago with my Dads boat I’m a first time boater like you. There’s a lot to like about this boat, it’s relatively light weight makes it easy to launch and load as does its maneuverability with twin engines. Excellent fuel economy, with 5 adults on board and all of our gear cruising at 27 mph i easily got 3+ mpg. Ease of and low maintenance requirement, since you will be in salt water just be sure and flush the engines thoroughly after each outing, probably wouldn’t hurt to use salt away as well. Excellent fishing platform, tons of rod storage and with its 20° dead rise in the rear it is stable and doesnt roll to the side too much even with three guys fishing off one side, but still has a sharp enough bow to handle bigger water. Its also great for entertaining and cruising, I took mine to lake Powell last summer when my friends and I rented a house boat, and my boat got used as the fun bus, we went on several long journeys and explored many slot canyons, as well as several days of fishing. The removable jump seats and their back rests make for great seating while underway and the smoothest ride next to the helm seat in bigger water and can be quickly stowed in the head compartment when you get to where you are going. I also added the casting platform / sun pad from Jet Boat Pilot and I slept on that sun pad for the 7 nights we were there. There’s also plenty of storage on this boat. The insulated fish box in the bow and the live well can serve as ice boxes as well as storage. The live well works great at keeping fish alive, it has a selectable aerator run time (in auto) on the connext screen where you can select how many minutes it runs and how many minutes it’s off which helps extend the house battery life on a long day out or the aerator can but put in manual and runs continuously. Or you can just let the fill pump run continuously which flows fresh water in and the excess goes out the over flow. The swim platform is awesome… I land most of my fish on the swim platform, when out for a day on the water and floating most folks hang out back there. The shelf in the forward part of the head compartment holds the trolling motor batteries out of the way, and the trolling motor makes trolling and fishing pretty easy when fishing alone. I’ve also used the trolling motor to slow cruise with guests. It’s also a great platform for towing tubes around the lake, everyone has a great seat to watch the action.

I think this is a great boat for a first time captain. You will need to practice your docking skills as you would in any boat, since this is your first boat you will not have as hard a time as those coming from outboards or I/O drives. Learn to use the twin engines, split throttles, to enhance your low speed maneuverability along with low speed and small applications of power. The visibility while driving is great.

How does it handle surf? Here’s a video that was posted a couple of weeks ago, I think the guy in the video states it’s 4-6’ seas. Other than the guys wife getting pissed off it looks like fun. I’ve never had my boat in surf, but have been in 6’ seas with short frequency and I thought the boat handled fine.

I use a one ton crew cab four wheel drive to tow my boat. My friend has a tundra that he has towed my boat with and he said it towed great. based on the tow ratings you provided with your Tacoma I doubt you will need a load equalizing hitch, nor do I think you need sway control. The boats fuel tank is centered over the axles. You are correct in that the boat and trailer weigh roughly 4300# with full fuel on the boat. The weight carrying capacity is 2250# of people (10 max) and gear with 1830# being the max weight for people.
Thank you for the information. It's very helpful.

as some others have said, i would actually prefer the deluxe and buy my own collapsible ttp. but finding said deluxe is the issue

gkallevig

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

Suggest sway control?
Would you consider a 2016 190 FSH sport? Has t top on it.

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 210 sport and while I’m not hitting the open ocean in it, I am in Oklahoma where windy lakes with some big 40-50 foot yachts can present some decent waves. Not 4-6 footers but certainly 2-4 foot when it’s bad. I would say this boat handles them pretty well but I would be lookin for at least a 25+ boat just to smooth out the ride. I have never lived away from the ocean until living here and I have had boats that I would go off shore in but many that I would not. The difference was always length. The Yamaha has a good all around hull design but a deeper vee and some added length will make you a lot happier in the end, in my opinion. The shorter you go the rougher the ride.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m in SWFL with 210 FSH. Handles the gulf well - just watch the weather and pick your days. Sure larger boats can handle bigger seas, but it’s been great for everything I want to do. Have been about five miles out and not concerned with two engines.
Can’t advise on the t-top other than seems like a lot of work to remove after an outing.
Hope you can find what you want.