• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

R7 Watersports Slingshot Wake Foil - Group Buy

Do you want to go in on the group buy and purchase the Slingshot Wake Foil Package?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We finally started getting the hang of it second time out.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We finally started getting the hang of it second time out.
Nice! I've only been able to try it one other time since and was cut short due to the approaching nightfall. Went out a week ago and after towing everyone else I decided to swap masts to the 24". No sooner than buckling my vest up the clouds that had been hanging on the horizon decided to flare up and blow us off the lake... :mad: super frustrating!

The thing I did notice last time was that a soft start seemed to help.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes soft starts made all the difference.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I've rode the past couple of weekends. The 24" mast is awesome. You will not go back. I have also been riding with the bigger foil. Getting close to surfing ropeless. I have made it 300 ft or so but haven't actually let go of the rope.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've rode the past couple of weekends. The 24" mast is awesome. You will not go back. I have also been riding with the bigger foil. Getting close to surfing ropeless. I have made it 300 ft or so but haven't actually let go of the rope.
Nice!! I want to try it so bad...! I need to be more selfish next next time and take my turn first.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Soo surfing is most def possible by us amateurs. We had friends out this weekend so i didn't get to ride as much as I wanted, but I was able to ride rope less today. My longest ride was only 3 or 4 min, but definitely getting better every time out. Hope you guys are enjoying this thing as much as I am.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Soo surfing is most def possible by us amateurs. We had friends out this weekend so i didn't get to ride as much as I wanted, but I was able to ride rope less today. My longest ride was only 3 or 4 min, but definitely getting better every time out. Hope you guys are enjoying this thing as much as I am.
I'm so jealous right now. 3-4 minutes is a decent ride! I haven't made it ot on the lake again. Plans to go this weekend tanked due to, wind, work, and and and... I'm losing my mind because the conditions today were absolutely perfect.

It's all so I can have time off in a week for 5 days at the lake... I CAN'T WAIT!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got to ride yesterday. Towing at 13mph.
Nice buddy, I'm glad you got your turn! Looks like you're on the 18" mast for that ride, do you have a 24"? I found the 24"to be so much more forgiving. That extra 6" goes a long ways to prevent breaching.

My recommendation to anyone is as soon add you can get up and ride with the 18" then its time to switch...

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length