• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

R7 Watersports Slingshot Wake Foil - Group Buy

Do you want to go in on the group buy and purchase the Slingshot Wake Foil Package?

• Yes

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

H. Reed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is it too late to take advantage of this group buy?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@H. Reed it's not to at all! Tomorrow night is the deadline to get your orders in.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All good things must come to an end... Today is the last day to submit your orders for the group buy.

To place your orders fill out the order form HERE or call and speak with Juli at R7 directly (801) 810-6167

Thanks and more thanks!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last call! Orders accepted until midnight western time tonight.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got confirmation the first order has been shipped. Congrats Tom!

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
So wish I would have had the cash to be in on this. Fully expect you all to be posting pics this summer so I can live vicariously through you all. :D

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just recieved notice that my entire order has been delivered and is ready for me pickup from R7... :winkingthumbsup" Anyone else get theirs yet?

received_10216524712461259.jpeg

Also, everyone's surf fins are in stock and will ship tomorrow.
received_10216540947987137.jpeg

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
FedEx says by EOD tomorrow (Friday)

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got mine wed, but no fins yet. No time to ride either.

Pwabbott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I received my board and foil on Wednesday. Thanks to R7 and everyone that was involved in making this happen! Can't wait to get on the water and try this out.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you guys haven't been thru it already Slingshot has a group of tutorial videos they call their "Foil Academy". It's gives some great tips for beginner setup and riding. I found it worth while and will probably go thru it a second time before I get it wet.

https://www.foil-academy.com/courses/wake-foil-academy

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Mine came today. Thank you R7 and J Rad for pulling this together!!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, thanks @Kurtis Riches & R7 Watersports! You guys are welcome, but I'll admit my interest may have been self motivated... :shamefullyembarrased: Thanks for playing along!

20180601_223958.jpg

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it can buy a boat AND a wake foil... that certainly will give me a few moments of pleasure... :D

I'm hoping to give it a go this weekend. :nailbiting: I hope you all get a chance to enjoy yours soon.

Julie at R7 would love to see some of your pics and videos of all of us shredding the wake on our new rides. Tag #R7watersports in your social media.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
42B973EE-999C-448E-B61F-67593A305B16.jpeg So are there screws needed to hold or lock the fins in place or are they just click in place?? No locking screws came with mine.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sunday fun-day!

Loaded up with the board prepped with the H5 wing.
20180604_162740.jpg

It rode great nestled in the board rack.
20180603_124330.jpg

The conditions were awesome! Upper 80's, water temp was a brisk 76 :coldfeet: (little chilly, but actually felt fine after a couple minutes). So I determined it was safe to fly...

It took a good 5 or 6 or 7 (I lost count) tries to get up and actually ride. You have to just forget there's a wing down there and go, but even adjusted all the way back the wing is sensitive to any uneven pressure on the board and will be out from under you before you realize what happened. Once I got up and rode I was able to do it from then on pretty easily. My wife even managed to get up for a couple of seconds a couple of times before tiring out.

All I can say is it is a awesomely strange feeling.

I didn't get to try any other type of setup. This trip out, but I'm looking forward to the coming weekend. I'm already feeling ready to go to the 24" mast and up the speed when towing with the H5. It's pretty easy to breach with the 18", although I do recommend starting with it.

Last edited:

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sunday fun-day!

Loaded up with the board prepped with the H5 wing.
View attachment 75916

It rode great nestled in the board rack.
View attachment 75917

The conditions were awesome! Upper 80's, water temp was a brisk 76 :coldfeet: (little chilly, but actually felt fine after a couple minutes). So I determined it was safe to fly...

It took a good 5 or 6 or 7 (I lost count) tries to get up and actually ride. You have to just forget there's a wing down there and go, but even adjusted all the way back the wing is sensitive to any uneven pressure on the board and will be sought from under you before you realize what happened. Once I got up and rode I was able to do it from then on pretty easily. My wife even managed to get up for a couple of seconds a couple of times before tiring out.

All I can say is it is a awesomely strange feeling.

I didn't get to try any other type of setup. This trip out, but I'm looking forward to the coming weekend. I'm already feeling ready to go tothe 24" mast and up the speed when towing with the H5. It's pretty easy to breach with the 18", although I do recommend starting with it
Wow you did great first time out. We couldn’t get it up even once. Yikes that didn’t sound like I meant... seriously awesome vid.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree this thing is freakin awsome. I only rode the short mast with smaller foil as well. I was still able to get some push off the wave 35' back or so. I hope to get out this week, and give the taller mast a try and maybe even try some surfing with the larger foil. The killer deal from R7 makes it that much better. Everyone else missed out :)

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow you did great first time out. We couldn’t get it up even once. Yikes that didn’t sound like I meant... seriously awesome vid.
Thanks! I was starting to get frustrated with the fact I wasn't getting up... I just wanted to ride! I was just starting to get a little success when I went down "uncomfortably". By that I mean, I don't really know what or how it happened, but it felt like someone whacked me in junk, specifically targeting my right giblet. I don't think I made contact with the board even? ...I took it as a sign I needed to take a little break and let my wife have a go. It wasn't until I got back in the water a for a second try that I was really able to ride.

The following is some tips on how I was able to get up. If interested read on.

To get up, I had the wing adjusted all the way back. I placed my feet on the board like I would with a wakesurf board, but probably a couple inches forward of where I typically would think to. I'd line myself up perpendicular to the boat and tell my wife to "drag" me at no wake. At that point I could actually push the board up horizontal just prior to telling her to "hit it!". I want say I tried to keep it perpendicular to the boat for a second or two longer than I normally would have before rotating it forward. Once up, I tried to keep the board down until the boat was on plain and the wake smoothed out. Then I settled enough to start moving around.

Additionally, there's a code of things I think give it a stranger than normal feel from other boards. First is that there's no brakes. If you try to lean back the way you instinctively do to cope with slack in the rope on other boards, the wing goes right up and out. Your alternative is to carve away or just drift it out. You can see a couple of instances where my rope goes limp. As the board leaves the water you find that the drag on the board disappears and you suddenly gain speed. You can see in the video as soon as I raise up I start carve away. As I catch up to the boat and my speed decreases I touch back down and drift back to the wake. I was being towed at 13mph, but I think a higher speed might help maintain a more consistent and constant flight.

I say these things, but everybody has their own technique. I spent a few minutes on the contraption for one day, so I'm hardly qualified, but maybe one of those details will prove helpful.

Good luck!

Blooper reel:
20180604_072522.jpg

Last edited: