• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reducing jolts and noise while trailering

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t like feeling the trailer push or pull the tow vehicle while starting and stopping. Today I installed a Curt rocker ball, collar and rubberbands on. my drawbar. Now there is no play on the assembly. I will post the results soon.
2C4DF58E-0377-4824-A7AF-E095F7174AEA.jpeg

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm not sure with our surg brakes you will be able to get rid of the clanking. Especially that first pull off after stop. But I will be interested in the results. Not sure how much it would cost to convert to electric brakes but that would be cool to do also

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These work very well!

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These work very well!
Agreed. Especially in unibody applications where the hitch is attached right to the body of the vehicle instead of to a frame that is isolated from the cabin.

I had this setup for a few weeks on the Audi right after we got it.
1680707631286.png

The thing I didn't like about it was that it was somewhat of a PIA to put on and off each time. I ended up moving over to a threaded hitch pin, and have used it for the last two years.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These work very well!
I had one of these before and it did work well but I didn’t like that I had to remove and install it every time I removed and installed the drawbar and ball into the hitch receiver. With my current set up everything is already installed and set on the drawbar.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t like feeling the trailer push or pull the tow vehicle while starting and stopping. Today I installed a Curt rocker ball, collar and rubberbands on. my drawbar. Now there is no play on the assembly. I will post the results soon.
View attachment 197072
Very interested in your review and opinion on this.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm not sure with our surg brakes you will be able to get rid of the clanking. Especially that first pull off after stop. But I will be interested in the results. Not sure how much it would cost to convert to electric brakes but that would be cool to do also
Roughly $700 for electric over hydraulic… perhaps more now that prices have gone up. It was about $700 when I looked into it a couple of years back.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My choice,.
No clanging, no banging, the disc brakes on these trailers are very nice.

• Polyurethane interior acts as a shock absorber, reducing bounce and rhythmic vibration
    • Protects tow vehicle's driveline and hitch assembly, as well as trailer's contents

"
hitch.png

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My choice,.
No clanging, no banging, the disc brakes on these trailers are very nice.

• Polyurethane interior acts as a shock absorber, reducing bounce and rhythmic vibration
    • Protects tow vehicle's driveline and hitch assembly, as well as trailer's contents

"
View attachment 197110
Update the rocker ball along with the collar did a great job of reducing the noise and jolts while starting and stopping. However, I didn’t account for the increase in the ball height caused by the base and base plate of the rocker ball so it’s too high / the trailer isn’t level when used with the 4” drop draw bar I bought. As a result I solved this problem the old fashioned way, I threw money at it. That is ordered a cushioned draw bar with a 6” drop. Thanks for the tip @Bottom Bracket. The price difference compared to a non cushioned unit was about $30 which in the overall costs for upgrading and repairing my boat this season is a rounding error plus any additional smoothing relating from the reslit use of the cushioned draw bar (along with the rocker ball can only help. I’m hoping the new draw bar will allow me to get rid of the collar and and rubber bands as well. DFFCE523-189C-47C4-B342-8E3E6D8ACD95.png