• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Ribbon delete on a 275SE?

NorCalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Would there be any reason to do a ribbon delete on a '22 275SE?

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I've seen a few videos on the delete and essentially the mod does nothing for performance. There are better ways of get more out of the engines.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Would there be any reason to do a ribbon delete on a '22 275SE?
The simplest way to improve air flow is with a set of RIVA K&N style filters that drop into your stock air box. I picked up about 150-200 rpm’s with mine. I would not get rid of the stock air boxes either, that juice is not worth the squeeze, they provide good protection against water ingestion should you get water in the engine bay.

And it’s total bullshit that the K&N style filters act as a backfire arrestor, that’s what the ribbon is for. And I’ve yet to see anyone put a pressure differential gauge across the ribbon to show a decrease in pressure differential across the area where the ribbon is with it in place and then removed.

Where are you boating at? What are your full throttle rpm’s on your engines?

If you are boating at high elevation and are not getting full rpm’s out of your engines then getting a high altitude re pitch will get you some performance gains. In my case the gains were significant.

NorCalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Elevations are probably around 2-3k - nothing too extreme. Just curious what else you could do to get more out of the engines?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Elevations are probably around 2-3k - nothing too extreme. Just curious what else you could do to get more out of the engines?
The rule of thumb for horsepower loss is 3% per 1000’ of elevation gain, but that’s with standard atmospheric conditions. However, real world HP los can be as much as 6% in my experience due to density altitude. So your 3000’ can result in a 18% HP loss due to the density altitude being 6584’. At my local lake at 5000’ I’ve seen as much as 27% HP loss during the summer.

5ABD753E-2E8F-4936-B583-15E931FEA53A.png

So if you’re not getting full rpm’s out of your engines it’s a bit of a double whammy since the super charger on your engine is driven by the crankshaft, if you’re not getting full rpm’s you’re not getting full boost pressure ergo not getting the max HP you can at a given altitude. Therefore the most effective way for your engines to get more power is to get them turning rated rpm’s. Also, your engines in stock trim are making 138 HP per liter which is already a fairly high state of tune.

Next time you are out see what your wide open throttle rpm’s are, if they’re not getting close to 7400 rpm’s then getting a slight re pitch of your impellers to gain rpm’s is the most cost effective way to get performance out of your boat, and it won’t void your warranty.

Last edited:

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, make sure your oil level is not too full and that your s
air filters are not oil fouled.

NorCalBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Thank you all for the responses. I have been getting over 8000 RPMs so sounds like I'm already good to go!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you all for the responses. I have been getting over 8000 RPMs so sounds like I'm already good to go!
You‘re welcome!

Question, do you have a 212 SE or a 275 SE?