• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Running wire thru tower on forward swept

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Shit nevermind, obviously I can just run my first set over to the far speaker. My new run has to be at the first set already
Ya that works too!! I did mine in the Florida heat/humidity a month or so ago, amazing the “ahaaa” moments you get after sweating your a** off for hours.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ya that works too!! I did mine in the Florida heat/humidity a month or so ago, amazing the “ahaaa” moments you get after sweating your a** off for hours.
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but after a few hardware store runs for a drill bit and a few other things, I have been out there since 1130 this morning. Almost to the promise land. I have had a system in every vehicle I have every owned, including my truck now. I always just buy the shit from best buy and get free installation as part of the deal. Feels pretty good to do my own stuff, I already have the amp wired and ready to go

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm embarrassed to admit it, but after a few hardware store runs for a drill bit and a few other things, I have been out there since 1130 this morning. Almost to the promise land. I have had a system in every vehicle I have every owned, including my truck now. I always just buy the shit from best buy and get free installation as part of the deal. Feels pretty good to do my own stuff, I already have the amp wired and ready to go
I wired up the amp/head unit, ran RCAs/remote and everything in maybe a hour one night, got dark and buggy so I called it quits and told the wife I would only be another hour or so the next day doing the tower. Including the time to get supplies for my amp mount, and a run for more speaker wire, it was probably a 6 hour project. Well worth it now, although I think my ground came disconnected for one of the speaker LEDs. Been annoying me only one speaker is lit, no one else seems to even notice. I’ve been putting off fixing it, I don’t want to take that speaker off and start messing with wires again.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ok a couple things I've learned here, I have the 2nd run done. I always do things the hard way and a complete dumbass...lol. Borrowed my neighbors steel fishing tape and had them up there in under 5 minutes. This is the method I was gonna use initially, but I thought fuck it, hangers will work. For anybody doing this in the future, steel fishing tape will make your life 100000% easier and the job quicker. Thanks for all the motivation and tips helping thru this ordeal 😂😂😂

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oh and always make your longest run first, which should be obvious, but I like to make my life hard with 2 days of work with 10000000% humidity on a 93 degree day

stevenk2

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I tried both the coat hanger route and the vacuum trick on mine, but in the end, the $15 fish tape was the magic that did it. The first time down the tube was easy, but discovered it was a little tight getting the plastic wire hook retainer thing on the end of the fish tape past the opening in the bottom of the tower tube without a fight, so I just pulled that off with a pair of pliers. The second time down it made it past just fine with a little gentle coaxing. The fish tape is money, no doubt. :cool:

Also used it to make the wire run inside of the hull up to the helm area, though that run was slightly less of an issue than the tower run.