• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Sandbars and tying off

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
TY!!!

I never considered one of the “bouncy balls”..... And was drawing a blank on what you were referring to... Just kept picturing the large playground balls....
No problem, glad to help! I think they're actually called Hippity Hops or Hopper balls. I just call 'em bouncy balls :D. Like these https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias=toys-and-games&field-keywords=hopper+ball&sprefix=hopper,toys-and-games,144&crid=286YTOYDWL6EB

Edit - Geez they make one that is 29" in diameter!!! :eek:

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
No problem, glad to help! I think they're actually called Hippity Hops or Hopper balls. I just call 'em bouncy balls :D. Like these https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias=toys-and-games&field-keywords=hopper+ball&sprefix=hopper,toys-and-games,144&crid=286YTOYDWL6EB

Edit - Geez they make one that is 29" in diameter!!! :eek:

I remember having one as a kid... though I think it had a horse head with a handle on each side of its head, instead of the grab handle... but heck, that’s been, well some time ago... ;)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had one too as a kid and then later on had a pogo ball and pogo stick :D

Need A Vacation

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
So for those using the kid bouncy balls, have you have any issues with them popping from the force of waves? Either between boats our at a dock?

Definitely intrigued by this awesome idea!!!

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So the bouncy balls go with the fenders? Like a first line of defense?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I've never popped one. I don't use the smaller fenders at the same time, I probably had them tied on from earlier in the day and just flipped em over the side to put the cover on.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So for those using the kid bouncy balls, have you have any issues with them popping from the force of waves? Either between boats our at a dock?

Definitely intrigued by this awesome idea!!!
We never had one pop and took plenty of big waves and some close calls but boats never touched.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So the bouncy balls go with the fenders? Like a first line of defense?
Pretty much. We use them with fenders.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I saw this on FB, a friend of mine works at TNT and I had not seen the Fatsac party bumper yet.

20210713_162647.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy balls. $225/bumper?

Hard pass from me.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Holy balls. $225/bumper?

Hard pass from me.
Have you priced fenders lately? The FatSac is 10' long and 20" dia. and covers the side of a boat, shown on a Malibu above. As compared to buying 4 fenders for $320, that are smaller to hang from 4 different points. That sucker is for raft ups and covers a lot of gelcoat. Two fenders are not enough protection during a raft up IMHO. I don't raft up much either, but it looks like good protection for those that do.

20210714_062754.jpg

We have 4 -10"x26" hanging on the sailboat AND 2 more are 12"x34". 4 total on the dock side and 2 more on the other side. They add up. The Fatsac is not used while docking, just for those who raft up alot. It's not like you need to B.O.A.T.

20210714_065144.jpg

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
CL and FB marketplace are the places to look for fenders. We picked up 3- Taylor Made 8" fenders for $20 and found plenty more out there when we were looking.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@zipper @Babin Farms I'm way less fancy. Have (4) of these from Wal-Mart. Been working great for years. $40+tax.

I don’t like to use the 8 inch because they take up way too much room in the boat so typically I will have my 6.5 fenders with us unless I know we are going to raft up with other boats or need the 8 inch for some reason. Always be on the lookout while on the water also for Fenders just floating along due to people forgetting them when they leave the docs. We found a couple that’s why

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t like to use the 8 inch because they take up way too much room in the boat so typically I will have my 6.5 fenders with us unless I know we are going to raft up with other boats or need the 8 inch for some reason. Always be on the lookout while on the water also for Fenders just floating along due to people forgetting them when they leave the docs. We found a couple that’s why
I've been in waves heavy enough that my tower has bonked the bimini uprights of the pontoon I was tied to. Had (2) 6.5in bumpers on at the time. One midship cleat, and the other 1/2 floating at the rear swim platform cleat. No damage that we could find.

Does the 8in really do that much over the 6.5in?

FTBS311

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I have a 195S and we are usually out on the lake with friends who have a 25ft Pontoon. We hit the sandbar and tie up every weekend. He puts out 3 large bumpers and i usually put out 2 medium bumpers. He throws his anchor out the front and we never have an issue or damage, even with slight winds or wakes from incoming boats. The trick is the large buffer.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
BABz Fenders (babzusa.com) don't know if these will make a difference on the rear cleat, but am going to try them. I won't be tying up to unknowns after reading this.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the 8in really do that much over the 6.5in?
Yep, bigger is better. About lost a windshield due to tying off to another boat with tower & a wake boat plowed by us.