• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Scarab 255 Sink Drain

Texjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Hi all. Minor, but annoying issue here. After picking up my 2023 Scarab 255 I noticed the head sink drain stopper is stuck in the down/closed position with some water in the sink. Before I start messing around with it and possibly damaging it, does anyone know for sure if this is a press-to-close, rotate-to-close, or other mechanism to close the stopper? I tried rotating it and pressing it (without too much force) and nothing. There is no lever by the faucet and under sink access is not easy access. Thanks!

Last edited:
I figured it out and posting in case anyone else runs into this. The head sink stopper opens and closes by pushing on one side of it to rotate it open/closed on a central axis - a butterfly valve. Mine was hard to open the first time probably because the new rubber seal on the valve was still sticky. Works much easier now that I've worked it a few times.

I figured it out and posting in case anyone else runs into this. The head sink stopper opens and closes by pushing on one side of it to rotate it open/closed on a central axis - a butterfly valve. Mine was hard to open the first time probably because the new rubber seal on the valve was still sticky. Works much easier now that I've worked it a few times.

Thanks for closing the loop!

Back