• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Screws inside storage areas - (my only big disappointment with Yamaha craftsmanship) - how have you dealt with this?

Farny

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So my only dissatisfaction with these boats are the screw tips sticking out all over inside the gunwales and storage areas. Easy way to tear cushions stored or damage your equipment. Looking for simple cheap ideas to remediate this. Not looking to carpet board everywhere.

Attachments

• 32D957E5-08EB-4201-B8C0-49D86FCE39A7.jpeg
    32D957E5-08EB-4201-B8C0-49D86FCE39A7.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57
  • F3221E8D-E837-4AB7-A887-0A1B3F665D46.jpeg
    F3221E8D-E837-4AB7-A887-0A1B3F665D46.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 58
How about a dab of silicone on each screw tip? A better looking and more costly solution would be to put rubber screw/nut caps on each screw tip. I’m pretty sure hardware stores carry something like this.

How about a dab of silicone on each screw tip? A better looking and more costly solution would be to put rubber screw/nut caps on each screw tip. I’m pretty sure hardware stores carry something like this.
I like the rubber cap idea. ?‍☠️

cut them off flush w/small cut off wheel and a dab of silicone

Rubber cap them. Most of us probably have boxes/jars full of handy crap that we've saved over the years. Bound to be something in there. I love my crap...!

Rubber cap them. Most of us probably have boxes/jars full of handy crap that we've saved over the years. Bound to be something in there. I love my crap...!
Lol - by the way - I am looking you up when I visit family in Kailua/Lanikai this summer/fall

Here's a link to the rubber caps that I used and they worked really well. I bought 2mm, 3mm, and 4mm but can't remember which was the best fit. I think there were some differnet size screws in different places.

In any event, the rubber caps should be on the smaller side (undersized) so that you can thread them onto the screws. If you just slide them on, they'll eventually fall off when the boat's moving around.

Looks just like my boat. I'm not bothered by them. [flag]

My cheap solution- Wooden beads from hobby lobby. Threaded them on the ends of all the screws near storage that could tear into gear.

Great suggestion @gallobg for the little caps, those would be great for the wood screws!

Ive cut my hands up more with hose clamp ends…I’m planning on getting a bunch of these.

i don't like slotted style hose clamps... they will CUT rubber or silicone hoses... I use Oetiker (single or double ear) or Sandvik style clamps with rolled or radius edges... or is that radi? or radiused ? I also save old radiator hose n such it makes great abrasion guard....

Back