• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Seadoo switch delivered.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I picked up a seadoo Switch 18 cruise.. Its a lot of fun especially for the price.

Located in central Florida if anyone wants to check it out..
Great! We want to copious pictures and float reports!

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Just canceled the order on mine. They wanted 25% of the MSRP in fees. I will pick up a Yamaha 210 over winter.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw a couple of these on a flatbed headed south on I-65 yesterday morning.

Anyone else receive one? Any more float or performance reports?

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was one on the lake the other day. Seemed like it was moving along nicely. Tried to talk to the guy in the parking lot since we pulled out at the same time and he was the least talkative new boat owner I've ever met. :rolleyes:

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Saw a couple of these on a flatbed headed south on I-65 yesterday morning.

Anyone else receive one? Any more float or performance reports?
I am hearing the reviews are mixed. Overall great boat but plagued with problems right now.... also hearing they are not getting anywhere close to advertised max speeds.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was one over on Orchard Lake this last weekend where we were. Didn't get close enough to see what size, etc.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My neighbor had one in his driveway one weekend a few months ago, not sure if it was a rental or what, haven't seen it since.

I keep thinking a 21ft switch might be a better boat for us all things considered. A little smaller than our sx230, but probably more useful space. When we got the sx230 I wanted dual motors for safety if we decided to do Bimini run or island hop in general, but truth be told, I haven't done any of that yet so I may end up not ever. The idea of crossing to Bimini in a switch does sound utterly insane though. Flipside, the switch is a lot lighter than the sx230, and would work with the "not so big" crowd of sport SUVs that tow in the 4k pounds range like x3m, glc63, macan, sq5, etc. But I think real world our new use with kiddos will be hitting up spring rovers and the like.

Looks like the seats have like a Heather gray fabric on parts of them? Any of you owners have any feedback on that? Might be a neat addition for the sx230 when I redo the seats.

Anyways, I'm in for more feedback from.owners.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny, I posted this the other day and my neighbor had his switch back out last night. Pretty neat. Definitely smaller than the sx230 in length, but seems wider. Neighbor didn't have the swim platform, would want that for sure. Not sure how I feel about the sides yet, it's smart that they're see thru, but the wife was skeptical that it was basically just a net. I suspect it's more of a mental thing than a real issue though, compared to super thin aluminum panels.

I think the only real issue with it I have is the controls. Jet ski controls are fine for something you're constsntly actively driving, but for a boat, I prefer throttles and a wheel, so you can take set a course and maintain it. In practice, it probably works fine, but I just in my head feel like it'd be less convenient.

DlakeSwitch

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got a call yesterday that mine was completed and now it just needs to be transported to the dealer. I figure it should be a couple of weeks before I see it. Ordered it on 9/8/21.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How are y'all liking these switches still? Slowly getting more and more interested in them. Kinda seems like the Bimini is a little small? How's the space feel on the 21? I'd be coming from a Yamaha 23 and a little worried it might be too small. Wish they'd made a like 25' switch lol.