• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Second Bilge Pump

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tonight I mounted the Second bilge pump, an Attwood Saraha 750. I mounted it below the waterbox under the hatch on a 3/4" piece of starboard across the keel channel with some 4200. I relocated my High water alarm to inside the back engine compartment right where the hole is to go back to the rear bilge. It is higher than the rear bilge but at about the same level as the Stock bilge. Anyhow... I am debating on which way I want to wire and looking for some input.

I have a nice LED Bilge switch but it is a 2 way. I could order a 3 way, Auto, Off and Man, or I could wire it directly to the fuse panel/battery for always on auto, which wouldn't be bad. Here are the diagrams. I am considering just wiring it without a switch. Not sure the switch really serves a purpose, unless I am missing something for the 2nd bilge pump.

I plan on wiring it tomorrow, weather permitting, after the mounting block sets.

1659401448464.png

I have my second pump wired without a switch to the battery(fused). Never have to worry about forgetting if it’s on or not.

That is kind of what I was thinking.

I’d put the high water alarm on a switch though. I had to turn mine off on the way to Bimini last year due to the conditions. It probably went off 20 times before I shut it off because it was driving me nuts. Every time we’d drop off the face of a wave it would trigger it for a second. Once we got to the island I turned it back on.

I’d put the high water alarm on a switch though. I had to turn mine off on the way to Bimini last year due to the conditions. It probably went off 20 times before I shut it off because it was driving me nuts. Every time we’d drop off the face of a wave it would trigger it for a second. Once we got to the island I turned it back on.

Excellent advice.

Excellent advice.
That and the fact that if you do have an issue do you really want an alarm screaming at you while your trying to figure things out or fix the issue without the ability to turn it off?? Stress X100 if there is no way to turn it off other than to pull the fuse.

When I installed my second bilge pump last winter I fed the auto off of a 5A ckt breaker associated with the rocker switch I use to supply power to the DVSR. The manual side is fed from another dedicated 5A ckt breaker on the aft bilge pump switch. This in turn is fed from a 30A ckt breaker that is next to the battery and supplies power to the aux bus I installed, and this breaker is fed from the switched side of the house battery.

The way I figured it, if the boat is on the water the house and start batteries will be switched on and the 12V aux bus will be energized.

So, you could just feed the auto side from the switched side of the house battery switch, or directly from the house battery. If you have a free ACC switch you could run the feed for the manual side from that ACC switch and its associated breaker?

Personally I’d rather have a ckt breaker feeding the aux bilge pump rather than a fuse. My boats OEM bilge pump is always hot from the house battery and is fused, the manual side is fed from a rocker switch that has a ckt breaker.

When I installed my second bilge pump last winter I fed the auto off of a 5A ckt breaker associated with the rocker switch I use to supply power to the DVSR. The manual side is fed from another dedicated 5A ckt breaker on the aft bilge pump switch. This in turn is fed from a 30A ckt breaker that is next to the battery and supplies power to the aux bus I installed, and this breaker is fed from the switched side of the house battery.

The way I figured it, if the boat is on the water the house and start batteries will be switched on and the 12V aux bus will be energized.

So, you could just feed the auto side from the switched side of the house battery switch, or directly from the house battery. If you have a free ACC switch you could run the feed for the manual side from that ACC switch and its associated breaker?

Personally I’d rather have a ckt breaker feeding the aux bilge pump rather than a fuse. My boats OEM bilge pump is always hot from the house battery and is fused, the manual side is fed from a rocker switch that has a ckt breaker.
I don't have any spare ACC switches I would have to cut one in. Getting bored of cutting things in the boat :). I only have 4 more days before trip and I have a ton of things to accomplish to it before we head out.

I don't have any spare ACC switches I would have to cut one in. Getting bored of cutting things in the boat :). I only have 4 more days before trip and I have a ton of things to accomplish to it before we head out.

Right on… auto it is then!

Back