• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Server Move and Scheduled Downtime Wednesday July 27th 8:00 PM (CST) to Midnight

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We are using 90% of the storage available on our server. Wednesday evening I will shut down the forum, make a backup then move the content to a new server that will allow for additional storage. I hope to complete the move in around 2 hours but am allocating four just to be safe.

For those interested in the technical details;

We have been running on a DigitalOcean.com $20 a month plan with 2GB of RAM, 2 processors allocated, 40 GB of SSD storage and 3TB of transfer (bandwidth). We rarely use more than 10% of the allocated CPU and are peaking at less than 1/6th of our bandwidth. You can view the web server stats at https://jetboaters.net/awstats/awstats.pl . This screen capture shows the CPU usage.
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 10.19.43 AM.png

I had been planning to move to a different ISP as Digital Ocean's plans were focused on providing processing capability with minimal storage. Fortunately Digital Ocean recently began to offer block storage which will allow us to add additional storage as needed. You can read about block storage at https://www.digitalocean.com/features/storage/ . The only negative is that our "server" is not in one of the Digital Ocean facilities that offers block storage.

Digital Ocean has provided reliable service at an excellent price. So we have decided to move our server to Digital Ocean's NYC1 facility and add block storage instead of moving to one of the other providers that I had been testing.

I tested a similar move with another of my servers on Sunday and found it to be a smooth process so I am hopeful that this move will be an easy process.

Thanks Bruce, appreciate all you do around here!!!

@Bruce we would be lost without you and all of the mods around here! Thanks for everything that you and everyone does to make this site the best site on the internet! ( IMO )

I am very thankful for computer savvy folks like you Bruce. You are The Man!!

Uh, Bruce, I am gonna need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday to take care of that, ummmkay?

Thanks guys for this awesome site. Learned so much from everyone.

Any additional cost to the new server? If so, say the word and we will cover it.

Thanks again for all that you do for us.

Wow @Bruce you only need 4 hours to do what it tok YJB a week to do? This site has built a community of boaters which has benefited it's members greatly. I know we all appreciate it.

Any additional cost to the new server? If so, say the word and we will cover it.

Thanks again for all that you do for us.

Julian surprised me with a year of hosting fees a few months ago. The cost will only increase $6 a month to double our storage.

@Bruce you guys rock, thank you!

Just a reminder, I am pulling the plug in 25 minutes. See you guys on the other side!

OMG!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!!

withdrawal symptoms are starting.

OMG!!!!!! NO!!!!!!! WAIT!!!!!

withdrawal symptoms are starting.

Either you will get extra sleep tonight or you can call and talk about boats!

Do you have a rehab forum that you recommend? I'm already not feeling right.

We are back up with 120 GB of storage.

A few stats captured from the old server before shutting down

Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 8.03.18 PM.png

Followed by the much healthier dose of free space and updated software after the move

Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 12.28.58 AM.png

I don't know what any of that info means, other than we are in the right hands.

Thanks @Bruce for keeping us headed in the right direction.

Thanks Bruce!!!

Thanks @Bruce for all you do!!! @Julian should bring you back a new boat from Georgia!:winkingthumbsup"

Back