• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Shade extender system build

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I'm going to step out into the unknown territory of creation, and attempt to design a shade extension system for my tiny FSH. I have seen large center console boats with sophisticated and extremely expensive extended shade systems. I was so thoroughly impressed with the idea, and seemingly simple design that I'm a little surprised there seems to be so little out there as far as options and competition. If anyone has any ideas or skills and can possibly jump in on this thread to add or create more options that would be amazing! I'm thinking of getting a window shade pull down system with painter poles, and try to attach them to the tower... I don't know. Wish me luck I guess. If It's not too hideous, I'll try to post some pics.

dels

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That thing seemed to be a safe inexpensive option, I have put it in my list of things to try when we add the t-top to our Deluxe!

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
JetBoatPilot is developing one, but they seem to be behind. Will sent me a message last year saying they are developing an fairly large extension system and that it was supposed to be ready for 2021. However when I inquired earlier this year he said it's being pushed back to next year.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
JetBoatPilot is developing one, but they seem to be behind. Will sent me a message last year saying they are developing an fairly large extension system and that it was supposed to be ready for 2021. However when I inquired earlier this year he said it's being pushed back to next year.
Damn, it would be nice to know what the overall plan is, even if it won't be ready this year. I've been itching to get something, but still haven't settled on what I want to do.

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If this helps I asked him how much and it didn't sounds like it was going to be lower priced so there are a few other options out there in the interim that are less than $200.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I don't expect it to be bargain price like some of the other options. Which is why I'll probably end up custom fabricating something to meet whatever specific requirements we (the wife and I) eventually come up with.

I like the design of the Yamaha Aft shade because it is so simple and clean. I'm not sure it provides that much shade though, but it is well designed and would qualify for 'wife approval'. That is the hard part. LOL

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Attachments

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This one from Ocean South worked well for me. Its a Size 4. T-Top Extension - Oceansouth I also got the Size 3 for the Front
Nice. Would you go larger in the front? I was trying to order a 4 for the back but they’ve been out of stock. I feel like a 4 for sure would be good in front. Almost went with the 5 but seemed like it might be too much.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Nice. Would you go larger in the front? I was trying to order a 4 for the back but they’ve been out of stock. I feel like a 4 for sure would be good in front. Almost went with the 5 but seemed like it might be too much.
Im happy with the size 3 up front myself but a size 4 would work too I think. You would probably need 60 degree rod holders. They were out of stock for over a month before I got mine, I was checking everyday for a month before they came back in.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If this helps I asked him how much and it didn't sounds like it was going to be lower priced so there are a few other options out there in the interim that are less than $200.
I'm calculating 4 "Sherlock" 8' painter poles, 2 8x5 tarps and a little PVC and metal straps. Total seems to be under $200.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If "Jetboatpilot can keep it reasonable, I don't mind supporting small businesses for quality products. I would imagine the product would turn out very neat and clean.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think I have everything I need. Cost a little over $60.00.Project.jpg

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I’m excited to see what you put together!
How can you incorporate the flowers? Hahaha

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I considered going this route before purchasing the OceanSouth set. My issue was a wanted a decent marine canvas not the $8 tarp from home depot with duct tape to shape it how I wanted, which after getting quotes from multiple places was why I just decided to get what I got.

justamon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The flowers are to beautify the display.:winkingthumbsup" I have either the "Ocean South" system or something comparable. I can't remember. I agree with the quality of the canopy material being a priority. I intend to use mine with the extension system. I will attach pics. I would love to see other ideas. I think we can either come up with a really awesome and not so incredibly expensive product. That said, I am still really hoping "jetboat pilot" comes up with something we would all be proud to permanently install on our boats.

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This one from Ocean South worked well for me. Its a Size 4. T-Top Extension - Oceansouth I also got the Size 3 for the Front
I have been looking at one of these for the rear of my 210 FSH. So, size 3 is the correct size? I was afraid it would be too long from the top to rear poles. But I see that it must be attached up under the T Top a good foot or so. Does it stay stable enough while driving at any speed? 25 30 mph?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have been looking at one of these for the rear of my 210 FSH. So, size 3 is the correct size? I was afraid it would be too long from the top to rear poles. But I see that it must be attached up under the T Top a good foot or so. Does it stay stable enough while driving at any speed? 25 30 mph?
For the Rear I used Size 4, it does overlap about a foot. I have mine underneath but you could also put on top of the T-Top but you would lose the rod holders while your using. Im thinking about modifying my canvas to shorten slightly so it would fasten around the rod holders. You may be able to go to a Size 2 and have it work well but it would not be as wide in the back, but the rear edge of the T-Top is 48" so it would fit well there.

I ran with mine up up to 30 mph for 10 miles without an issue. Im not sure I would push faster then 30 for fear or ripping out the rear rod holders. The issue with waiting to order these covers is during spring and summer they are always out of stock. I had to stock the website for 2 months before they were in stock to order.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just curious, how do these attach to the T-Top? Thinking I might get these for and AR model with the small bimini.
I used Cord Wraps, Tarp Clips and Carbneers to secure to the Frame. The Cord Wraps are not stainless so they are rusting now.

Attachments

Cowboy14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For the Rear I used Size 4, it does overlap about a foot. I have mine underneath but you could also put on top of the T-Top but you would lose the rod holders while your using. Im thinking about modifying my canvas to shorten slightly so it would fasten around the rod holders. You may be able to go to a Size 2 and have it work well but it would not be as wide in the back, but the rear edge of the T-Top is 48" so it would fit well there.

I ran with mine up up to 30 mph for 10 miles without an issue. Im not sure I would push faster then 30 for fear or ripping out the rear rod holders. The issue with waiting to order these covers is during spring and summer they are always out of stock. I had to stock the website for 2 months before they were in stock to order.
OK thanks. The size I was looking at was 2 (TTW4xL5x aftW5) but maybe if I run it underneath the T Top like yours, I need size 3 or 4? 3 is (TTW4xL6xaftW5)? I know the beam area at the rear is really 7 ft wide. If 4 (5x6x7) works well strapped underneath the T-Top and using up a foot or so of length, then that makes sense.