• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us what you see!!!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful sunset over the Chesapeake Saturday night on my neighbor's boat; and my daughter driving our boat for the first time, and loving it.
I would suggest letting your daughter drive as much as possible, especially docking/loading, the confidence it built in both my daughters is unbelievable (especially when they pull up to the dock by themselves after I've parked the truck) (this weekend our small courtesy dock, two donkeys moored their boats on the short sides with five feet overhanging making the long center portion unusable unless you could crabwalk your 20" boat in, she didn't do that but backed in for us to tie up with the swimdeck on the first try, seeing them stop what they were doing thinking "wait, she's bringing that big boat in here?" priceless,

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First time I've had both cars in the garage since we bought the boat.

PXL_20220801_234819323.jpg

Had to do some creative organizing. Moved the trash can and lawn mower outdoors. Lots of stuff went to the basement.

PXL_20220801_234831301.jpg

Cabinets look kinda funny that high without the boat, but dropping them down was outside of the scope of tonight. Just wanted to get the cars in since we moved the boat to camp.

Hope to build a storage area under the deck in the back yard this fall. Dirt bike, 4wheeler, and some other stuff will go in there. Also gonna build a small "pen" for the trash and recycling can on the side of the house this fall.

Until then, it's nice to have the cars out of the weather.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the cabinets up high. I say keep them there and use the space under for more workbench or shelving.

First time I've had both cars in the garage since we bought the boat.

View attachment 184280

Had to do some creative organizing. Moved the trash can and lawn mower outdoors. Lots of stuff went to the basement.

View attachment 184281

Cabinets look kinda funny that high without the boat, but dropping them down was outside of the scope of tonight. Just wanted to get the cars in since we moved the boat to camp.

Hope to build a storage area under the deck in the back yard this fall. Dirt bike, 4wheeler, and some other stuff will go in there. Also gonna build a small "pen" for the trash and recycling can on the side of the house this fall.

Until then, it's nice to have the cars out of the weather.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like the cabinets up high. I say keep them there and use the space under for more workbench or shelving.
I had them up there as a good height when standing on the swim platform. They're also just high enough that at 6'2" tall I could walk under them without hitting my head.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Now that I have an uncovered slip at the local marina I have the related (first world) problems. Namely (big) bird droppings on the walkway and boat cover. Here are a few pics of my solution, a reworked self contained water gun (I.e., a wash down pump mated to a small 12 battery).
345B5826-BA84-4BFC-B126-15E1B4C66D44.jpeg18127CD3-CAFF-4328-BA9E-1C34164FD66A.jpeg6E03727D-8114-4AF1-952E-BA3066AC4368.jpeg

Last edited:

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Coult45 , I can’t find the post with the parts list now but here is what comes to mind:
1. Wash down pump kit from west marine. Usually 3 to 4 gpm, kit comes with pump, hose attachments, filter and spray head for around $200. They offer higher capacity / output stand alone pumps as well.
2. small 12v battery, I use arm because they are sealed (no vents). Another $100 or so.
3. Small or large battery box, $15.
4. a 1 to 5 pound weight to hold the intake hose and filter down, under $5.
5. Hoses, between $10 and $20.

Not inexpensive but great for its uses so far

I have heard you can go cheaper by buying a pump from harbor freight but their pumps cannot be run dry, at least not for long before they die.

This is a basic unit I put together from old parts (I still need to secure the pump to the battery box wall so I can remove the foam separating the components to create more space for the hoses, weight, filter and head when the gun is not in use. Once upon a time I installed this (larger pump actually) in a rolling cooler with an amp and speakers for lazy river rafting water fun fights.

Last edited:

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just saw / passed this scene. I didn’t take a pic of the half loaded flat bed parked a few hundred feet down the freeway but it’s driver was out of the truck taking pics, I suspect the white twirm fell off his truck.
F9FE54B1-A84C-4EAE-844B-6E14711E1F66.jpeg

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Coult45 , I can’t find the post with the parts list now but here is what comes to mind:
1. Wash down pump kit from west marine. Usually 3 to 4 gpm, kit comes with pump, hose attachments, filter and spray head for around $200. They offer higher capacity / output stand alone pumps as well.
2. small 12v battery, I use arm because they are sealed (no vents). Another $100 or so.
3. Small or large battery box, $15.
4. a 1 to 5 pound weight to hold the intake hose and filter down, under $5.
5. Hoses, between $10 and $20.

Not inexpensive but great for its uses so far

I have heard you can go cheaper by buying a pump from harbor freight but their pumps cannot be run dry, at least not for long before they die.

This is a basic unit I put together from old parts (I still need to secure the pump to the battery box wall so I can remove the foam separating the components to create more space for the hoses, weight, filter and head when the gun is not in use. Once upon a time I installed this (larger pump actually) in a rolling cooler with an amp and speakers for lazy river rafting water fun fights.

This is going on my "don't need it, must have it" list. Should be able to run it off my lift battery.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our town got a Model Y as a police car. Snuck up on me last year during Trick-Or-Treating.

View attachment 184357
It’s interesting but not the most practical police vehicle. It’d be good for a school resource officer or something like that but not for a standard patrol vehicle. Usually patrol vehicles don’t have enough down time to park for a charge.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday afternoon fouled a spark plug on the way back to the marina. Lost a few hundred rpm but maintained a good speed until I fouled a second plug in the same engine a few miles out. Left that engine idle while we limped back at a whopping 14 mph on one engine. This morning I went down to work on the boat and found #1&4 slightly fouled. Replaced the 2 fouled plugs with 2 good used ones, took for a test ride and all is good again.
E5630B26-C861-42D0-81D5-F7BE0A745B73.jpeg

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yesterday afternoon fouled a spark plug on the way back to the marina. Lost a few hundred rpm but maintained a good speed until I fouled a second plug in the same engine a few miles out. Left that engine idle while we limped back at a whopping 14 mph on one engine. This morning I went down to work on the boat and found #1&4 slightly fouled. Replaced the 2 fouled plugs with 2 good used ones, took for a test ride and all is good again.
View attachment 184358
This may fall under Dumb Questions but, what would cause that to happen? I've always assumed that they'd all wear and foul out at the same rate and not so abrupt like that.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This may fall under Dumb Questions but, what would cause that to happen? I've always assumed that they'd all wear and foul out at the same rate and not so abrupt like that.
The MR1 engines are known for being temperamental with spark plugs. I’m not sure why but as long as that’s all that needs to be replaced, I’ll take it. I change mine at the beginning of every season and keep the old ones for spares.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You need to get the rubber snakes from the dollar store and put them on your cover and walkway. Several posts on here by @Neutron and others having done it.

Now that I have an uncovered slip at the local marina I have the related (first world) problems. Namely (big) bird droppings on the walkway and boat cover. Here are a few pics of my solution, a reworked self contained water gun (I.e., a wash down pump mated to a small 12 battery).
View attachment 184306View attachment 184307View attachment 184308

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It’s interesting but not the most practical police vehicle. It’d be good for a school resource officer or something like that but not for a standard patrol vehicle. Usually patrol vehicles don’t have enough down time to park for a charge.
Patrol, yea, maybe not.

Running radar I bet they don't drive 100mi/day, just lots of high speed 2mile trips.

These guys are out and about most days. I suspect they work an 8hr shift and charge for 8hrs, then lather/rinse/repeat.