• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

stever40

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does anyone tow a 21 with a new Ford Explorer, with the standard V6? I'm looking at getting a new AR210. If so can I get some reviews. I currently have an F150 and considering a Explorer or Expedition. Thanks.
You should be fine with any vehicle you listed however take it from a guy who had an Explorer. You will be much happier with the Expedition or F150 based on overall capability.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
After a couple months of searching, just finally sealed a deal today. 2014 Laramie with only 5,000 miles. Just gotta plan a trip to NY to pick it up now...

ram1.jpg

piney1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet! Those things will pull a house.

Ramblin Wreck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
After a couple months of searching, just finally sealed a deal today. 2014 Laramie with only 5,000 miles. Just gotta plan a trip to NY to pick it up now...

View attachment 47287

Congrats on the new ride @veedubtek. I look foward to seeing more pics. That's a lot of towing capacity for 2 jet skis ;).

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@veedubtek you're gonna love the power that thing has. You can get a nice sized trailer and haul all of your toys together at the same time and not even break a sweat. Our Ram doesn't even know that our 230 is back there and our 5th wheel camper gives it a small challenge. They're great trucks with awesome power plants.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, normally we tow with my 2015 Silverado LT Z71. Yesterday, we decided to give my wife's 2016 Traverse a shot. I was not optimistic. It is All wheel drive, has a tow package and is rated to tow 5500 lbs. So, with 6 people in the traverse and a half filled (fuel) boat, we set off on our way. I was pleasantly surprised and thus impressed. The traverse did a nice job towing and stopping. As a matter of fact, the only thing I was worried about was how it would pull the boat out of the water once we returned from our adventures. It did well. It did not slip once, but he F150 next to us skidded a couple of times before they got their boat moving. While we will not be winning any races anytime soon, towing was fairly easy and we felt safe. While going up inclines I could hear the gears shift more that my truck does, but that was expected. It did great on fuel on the way down, but I was in a rush coming back and stepped on it a little more then, so the fuel efficiency suffered a bit. Additionally, there was barely any rear sag. I was expecting the back of the traverse to drop tremendously, especially with the passengers loaded. We will still primarily tow with my truck, but it is great to have another option.
20161008_162807.jpg

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oh yeah! I'm a huge diesel nut. 6 TDI's right now, just sold my Eco, and got this one on the way, can't wait!

BTW, finished our final dive class this evening. Open water dive #1 this weekend!

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@veedubtek Congrats, open water is way better than the pool, although all my lessons were in open water, no pool here. That is awesome! Again...love the touareg and i have a non stock 83 GTI in need of tlc, one day i will get to it, bought it new and modified the crap out of it in the 80s. A great autocross car.

Last edited:

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you guys come down again @veedubtek I SCUBA and freedive so I can dive with in FL or take you spearfishing. I am doing my Level 2 freedive class to get more comfortable past 80' holding my breath.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you guys come down again @veedubtek I SCUBA and freedive so I can dive with in FL or take you spearfishing. I am doing my Level 2 freedive class to get more comfortable past 80' holding my breath.
@2nazt That is awesome! I so envy you, free diving is one of the best things ever. Didn't know you can actually take classes in it.
I used to do this a lot, we used to go to Sinai (Egypt) on the Red Sea, amazing reef and warm water deep down. All effed up now, wouldn't want to go near... These days, love spearfishing in Bull Shoals Lake and other lakes in Arkansas - the great state where spearfishing game fish is legal -- amazing visibility for a lake and the thermocline that is not too shallow, usually. I'm dreadfully out of practice these days, not seeing it changing anytime soon the way things are going.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh yeah! I'm a huge diesel nut. 6 TDI's right now, just sold my Eco, and got this one on the way, can't wait!
Again...love the touareg and i have a non stock 83 GTI in need of tlc, one day i will get to it, bought it new and modified the crap out of it in the 80s. A great autocross car.
Any advice on trailer wiring harness for the TDI? I just got a 2013 Q7 TDI, absolutely mint w/23,000 miles, came with what is called a factory tow package by the dealer. It is a beast with >400Lb-ft of torque and I want to LOVE it... Except that one little thing -- the factory tow package includes the tow hitch and pre-wiring... but NOT the trailer harness :confused:. Figured I need to have working lights on my trailer.

What a F@#$ing disaster. The dealers in my area are total idiots and can not figure out how to make it work - the wiring requires reprogramming of sorts for the "gateway" and the trailer control module - and that is where I run into all kinds of nonsense. I had one dealer who offered he would do it IF I let him reinstall the entire tow package... for $1,900 o_O. I chuckled. At first. Now I'm thinking about it.

@veedubtek When you done with your scuba class, how about I will fly you over to STL and pay you those dealer rates if you can do it!

--

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2nazt That is awesome! I so envy you, free diving is one of the best things ever. Didn't know you can actually take classes in it.
I used to do this a lot, we used to go to Sinai (Egypt) on the Red Sea, amazing reef and warm water deep down. All effed up now, wouldn't want to go near... These days, love spearfishing in Bull Shoals Lake and other lakes in Arkansas - the great state where spearfishing game fish is legal -- amazing visibility for a lake and the thermocline that is not too shallow, usually. I'm dreadfully out of practice these days, not seeing it changing anytime soon the way things are going.
The classes are great two big names are F.I.I. and PFI. They teach you more into what happens to the body as you dive, more formal and proper breath ups, kick patterns, and techniques. The main and most import is how to safety and rescue someone and the signs and symptoms to assist in a shallow water blackout and loss of motor control. They have instructors all over and in 1.5 days they can have almost anyone holding their breath for about 3 min on the surface and diving 66'. It's pretty wild!

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Fly me there, I'll do it for free @swatski ! I just finished doing it to my Touareg last month. (I might need some beer, too). (seriously) (I mean, seriously, I'd do it. And extra serious, I'd need beer). Seriously. For serious?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fly me there, I'll do it for free @swatski ! I just finished doing it to my Touareg last month. (I might need some beer, too). (seriously) (I mean, seriously, I'd do it. And extra serious, I'd need beer). Seriously. For serious?
There is no shortage of beer in Saint Louis! Hell, I'll even take you to the Gateway Arch, LOL. In my boat!

--

zipper

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am old school VW, I will let the guy with the handle @veedubtek handle that wiring issue.