• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

JJ-B-Boatin

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Really liking our RAM! (Now to convince the wife that we need a jet boat!)

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Another one! Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum Edition. :heart:

IMG_0741.JPG

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
$6 coffee? I don't drink the cheap stuff, I drive a Porsche! :p

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here is a preview of our new toy! 2017 BMW X5M (F85). Currently in the shop getting some cosmetic upgrades and tuning the engine to push over 700 horses and 700lbs of torque. More pics to follow next week when I pic her up.

IMG_2417.JPG

Dieselpwr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Any advice on trailer wiring harness for the TDI? I just got a 2013 Q7 TDI, absolutely mint w/23,000 miles, came with what is called a factory tow package by the dealer. It is a beast with >400Lb-ft of torque and I want to LOVE it... Except that one little thing -- the factory tow package includes the tow hitch and pre-wiring... but NOT the trailer harness :confused:. Figured I need to have working lights on my trailer.

What a F@#$ing disaster. The dealers in my area are total idiots and can not figure out how to make it work - the wiring requires reprogramming of sorts for the "gateway" and the trailer control module - and that is where I run into all kinds of nonsense. I had one dealer who offered he would do it IF I let him reinstall the entire tow package... for $1,900 o_O. I chuckled. At first. Now I'm thinking about it.

@veedubtek When you done with your scuba class, how about I will fly you over to STL and pay you those dealer rates if you can do it!

--
@swatski did you get this figured out? I installed the tow package on my Q7 and just had to have the dealer program the module. It has to be setup for North America instead of Europe. Do a search on audiworld.com forum. View treads on tow pack. But if your Q already had the tow package, you would only need the adapter the plugs into the plug on the hitch so you can plug your 5 pin from the trailer

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski did you get this figured out? I installed the tow package on my Q7 and just had to have the dealer program the module. It has to be setup for North America instead of Europe. Do a search on audiworld.com forum. View treads on tow pack. But if your Q already had the tow package, you would only need the adapter the plugs into the plug on the hitch so you can plug your 5 pin from the trailer
Thanks, I read all those posts and even bought some parts of VW/Audi dealer on line, wasted about 2 months of my time running around from one incompetent place to another. Finally, threw in the towel, found a dealer who could actually do it, and paid (expensive) to have it all done with new factory parts including reprogramming.
The problem was my car was not equipped correctly from the original dealership, it was missing one of the modules, the original owner was misled about it, too. Long story...

One good thing about getting it done the way I ended up doing it, besides it being ridiculously expensive, I finally found a competent dealership, and as expensive as the whole thing was, the car is up to speed with parts and software upgrades. With those TDIs the software upgrades are kind of important, and also good for keeping my extended warranty.

I like the car so much I do not plan on trading it in, so I really want to keep it in top notch shape and avoid any unnecessary risk of electronic gremlins. In the meantime, I perform periodic maintenance myself. Will be doing it twice as often as required by the manual, which I am convinced is the way to go. Their oil, and OEM parts - oil, fuel, air filters. The oil comes out like tar if you do it in regular intervals, not surprising given how hot they run.

--

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
9523.jpeg
New toy to play with... and tow rig.. still have my old Durango as well.. now have redundant tow rigs!.. lol

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
View attachment 52112
New toy to play with... and tow rig.. still have my old Durango as well.. now have redundant tow rigs!.. lol
Nice! Which Powerstroke does it have? You're gonna love towing with it especially with that long wheelbase.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has the 6.0.... 68000 miles.. completely stock... 70 year old man had it.. along with a high dollar silverado and a corvette... so he didn't drive it much..

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's in great shape mechanically and it obviously looks great on the outside then I would look into bulletproofdiesel.com. If you plan to keep it a while then it might be worth your time and effort and maybe money to look into it.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what u am planning in the future but to sweeten the deal is it had an transferable warranty for the next two years.. I varified.. it covers everything. After the two years is up then I'll look at bulletproofing..

Kelso

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
2008 Dodge Mega 4x4. Don't even know I'm pulling the boat.
Truck.jpg