• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show us your tow rigs!

BeauSko

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a question in this arena. I have a 2017 TRD off road 4runner with a 3” lift with 285/70/17 A/Ts and will be pulling a 2020 AR210. I’m not worried about being able to pull it but I was curious if anyone else with 4runners may be able to chime in (or anyone really). Do you guys increase your tire pressure when towing? I have read multiple different theories here and one thing I can say, conclusively, is not to under inflate. The normal few mile trip to the launch isn’t what concerns me but the 100+ miler I’ll be making to bring the boat home from the dealer does. What are you all’s thoughts?

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Just picked up a 2020 Silverado with the 3.0 duramax. Should pull the 240 nicely 👌
I’ll be interested to hear what your towing/non towing mpg’s are with this. I also have a 3.0 diesel.

Daren and Heather

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My tow rig. An 05 grand cherokee with 240k miles lol.

tow vehicle.jpg

scriz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Just bought a 2014 Roush Raptor Crew Cab to tow my Challenger 180. Bit of overkill, but had to get something better than my wife's Highlander and I have been suffering in a Camry Hybrid (her old car) for the last 4 years.61015255879__253524B8-40E4-4C66-B253-ADF329FC5049.JPG

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just bought a 2014 Roush Raptor Crew Cab to tow my Challenger 180. Bit of overkill, but had to get something better than my wife's Highlander and I have been suffering in a Camry Hybrid (her old car) for the last 4 years.
Boy you kinda went the other way from that hybrid there didn't ya.

Sharp truck!

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I forgot to take a pic last fall when my new to me boat came out for the season, so here it is now. We bought the truck specifically to tow the boat. We told ourselves it would be less expensive to buy a truck and tow it than get a slip for the season. I’ll be taking it to the marina tomorrow to put it in its slip!

9F5CC1DA-246D-4F72-9C79-B46BF00F27C3.jpeg

Mark1349

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ll be interested to hear what your towing/non towing mpg’s are with this. I also have a 3.0 diesel.
I’ve been averaging 24 mpg. Can get 28+ highway and just got 14 pulling the ar240 with a lot of hills

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I’ve been averaging 24 mpg. Can get 28+ highway and just got 14 pulling the ar240 with a lot of hills
That's pretty similar to what I've been getting. Just came back from a 2500 mile trip to FL with the boat, averaged 14 MPG. My non-towing MPG have been 23 ish, but that's mainly in town. It hasn't been very warm here either until just this week, so that should help.