• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Show Us Your Wake! (surfing mods comparo)

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

again I apologize for the video but it was my daughter's boyfriend, I felt lucky they got anything on video, at least they didn't video it in portrait or phone sideways but taping portrait, I've got to get the go pro figured out for next season,

transmom bag
1100 lbs in ski locker
400 lbs on rear seat surf side
400 lbs on bow floor
home made wake wedge
4'8" slingshot cobra cat
10.5 mph

I'm thinking of either putting another 1100 lbs on the rear cockpit floor or just moving the ski locker bag back up,
The rub rail back corner was just barely under water and at speed the rear cleat was just under, as I remember in previous years I'd actually have the swim deck at water level,

I'm really starting to enjoy the new board, In a few of my cut backs I actually starting thinking about how I was going to 360 on it :p

Probably the last run of the season, water was about 72, like a cold swimming pool, felt good after the initial shock but don't think I'll want to do it next week with 70 degree air temps.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We made it out again this weekend. This time armed with a 2020 Slingshot Cobra Cat 5'0" and a new GoPro Hero 8 I bought myself for Christmas. I pieced together this little clip.

I'm going to be posting all this year demo rides and reviews on the Transom YouTube channel this season so give us a follow.

I tried to make the wave a bit longer this setup and went with a full 900lbs in the ski locker, 250lbs under seat and if course the transom bag. Speed wad about 11.2 and I think a bit under 11 for the tandem ride.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We made it out again this weekend. This time armed with a 2020 Slingshot Cobra Cat 5'0" and a new GoPro Hero 8 I bought myself for Christmas. I pieced together this little clip.

I'm going to be posting all this year demo rides and reviews on the Transom YouTube channel this season so give us a follow.

I tried to make the wave a bit longer this setup and went with a full 900lbs in the ski locker, 250lbs under seat and if course the transom bag. Speed wad about 11.2 and I think a bit under 10 for the tandem ride.
Looks like you’ve got that wave pretty well tuned. :)

And, Mom looks cold!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Edit for my last post: Speed riding tandem was just under 11mph, I had put under 10mph.

Onserve212X

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

I tried to make the wave a bit longer this setup and went with a full 900lbs in the ski locker, 250lbs under seat and if course the transom bag. Speed wad about 11.2 and I think a bit under 11 for the tandem ride.
Great wake! Beautiful background. Can’t wait to get out on the lake. I need to post a video from last season with the WakeBooster on the surf side and the wedge on the other. Nice wake with steady control on the throttle.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great wake! Beautiful background. Can’t wait to get out on the lake. I need to post a video from last season with the WakeBooster on the surf side and the wedge on the other. Nice wake with steady control on the throttle.
Thanks! I'd like to see that video.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like you’ve got that wave pretty well tuned. :)

And, Mom looks cold!!
Not bad at all. She wasn't complaining to bad, but she was happy get dry and bundled up after... my boy whimped out after just one run... lol!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I can not wait to get on our cobra cat this weekend!!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thats perfect and I am stealing that...lol

CDubya

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
2109 Yamaha FSH 210 Sport. @JetBoatPilot TVWake, @jcyamaharider Slingshot Coaster XR 5'0" board, 650lb sack centered on rear swim deck, 650 lb sack left of center console. 145 lb rider and myself. 11 mph on ride steady.

Day 1, 80% full tank of gas.

Day 2, 30% tank gas

Didn't get pics of day three, but didn't use the 650 lb bag beside the center console and used around 700-800 lbs of human ballast moved around in the boat (5 adults on wake side towards the rear and 2 kids up front) and the wake was awesome! And made switching between regular and goofy for riders a breeze!

Loving the Jack-of-all-trades boat!
It looks like you had your rope attached to the T top. Did you modify that for strength and stability?
2109 Yamaha FSH 210 Sport. @JetBoatPilot TVWake, @jcyamaharider Slingshot Coaster XR 5'0" board, 650lb sack centered on rear swim deck, 650 lb sack left of center console. 145 lb rider and myself. 11 mph on ride steady.

Day 1, 80% full tank of gas.

Day 2, 30% tank gas

Didn't get pics of day three, but didn't use the 650 lb bag beside the center console and used around 700-800 lbs of human ballast moved around in the boat (5 adults on wake side towards the rear and 2 kids up front) and the wake was awesome! And made switching between regular and goofy for riders a breeze!

Loving the Jack-of-all-trades boat!
it looks like you had your rope attached to the T top? Did you modify for strength and stability?

Mike Cardillo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That's a nice wave!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We happened across some neighbor friends as we were heading out of the marina 2 weeks ago. They have a AR240 that's a few years older. They decided to tag along and check out our surf setup and shot video while my wife was on the board. It's the first time we've seen an outsider's perspective.

Water depth: 13 ft
Boat: 2016 AR240
Board: 2020 Slingshot Coaster 5'3"
Ballast: 900lbs ski locker - 250lbs port under seat - 850lbs custom swim deck ballast bag
Speed Control: Hydrophase Ridesteady
Speed: 11.3mph

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm about to pull the trigger on ballast bags. I have the 2 stock ones under the rear seats of my 212x. I ride left foot forward and my wife rides the other way. I was looking at Bobbie's setup and she just has the rear bags (like mine, albeit with more weight) and then just the bag centered on the swim deck since they don't all ride on the same side.

What's the better solution in conjunction with the factory under seat ballast - the custom fatsac on one side and then move it when the rider changes, or just a 575lb centered on the swim deck?

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm about to pull the trigger on ballast bags. I have the 2 stock ones under the rear seats of my 212x. I ride left foot forward and my wife rides the other way. I was looking at Bobbie's setup and she just has the rear bags (like mine, albeit with more weight) and then just the bag centered on the swim deck since they don't all ride on the same side.

What's the better solution in conjunction with the factory under seat ballast - the custom fatsac on one side and then move it when the rider changes, or just a 575lb centered on the swim deck?
Are you using the Wake Wedge? If so, you want to list the boat. The rear swim platform should be under water. We use a 800 lb bag on the rear swim deck (put it on whatever side we are surfing) and then a 540lb bag on the interior rear seat of whatever side we are surfing. This is with the stock ballast bags filled as wll. So far as our "basic" setup it has got us started and creates a nice wave. I'm sure as we become more "experienced" and try to go ropeless we will have to "tweak" and try other setups to get what we want. Simply put, its a great way to get started surfing.

RXBoost

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you using the Wake Wedge? If so, you want to list the boat. The rear swim platform should be under water. We use a 800 lb bag on the rear swim deck (put it on whatever side we are surfing) and then a 540lb bag on the interior rear seat of whatever side we are surfing. This is with the stock ballast bags filled as wll. So far as our "basic" setup it has got us started and creates a nice wave. I'm sure as we become more "experienced" and try to go ropeless we will have to "tweak" and try other setups to get what we want. Simply put, its a great way to get started surfing.
I do not have a wedge. I was looking at possibly getting one (2 because we need both sides and want to use the ladder). But if I can get away with only buying ballast bags OR the wedge I would be good with that pocketbook wise. I can ride ropeless with the stock setup, but the pocket is very short, I am probably 2' behind the boat. We just have a couple bigger riders that don't get the same pull that I do (Im 5'-9" 165) which is why I was looking at more ballast.