• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solar charging question

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Hello all.

I have a 30w solar charger connected to my start battery. It is definitely keeping it charged while I am away from my boat since I have it at a slip.

Often times I hang out and relax on my boat at the slip and listen to music. I know the audio system uses the house battery.

My question is since I have the solar charger connected to the start battery, if I leave the emerg parallel switch on, will that allow both batteries to charge even though the solar panel is connected to the start battery?

If this is true, I would have to leave the house and emerge parallel switches on while I am away from my boat.

I could be totally off base here but since the emerge parallel works the way we all know it works, I thought it could perhaps work in the opposite direction.

Thank you for your input.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You already have the DVSR that takes care of topping off both batteries. You don't need to have the parallel switch on to charge both. It is a slower process than dedicated dual bank chargers but just connecting it to the start battery "should" allow it to charge the house due to the DVSR.

ezrider

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is exactly what I needed. Thank you so much for your help!
As soon as the start battery gets to 13.2 volts the DVSR closes and parallels the start and house batteries. When the start battery voltage gets to 12.7 volts the DVSR opens isolating the two batteries. There is a little red light on the DVSR module on the batter switches that when on indicates the DVSR is closed.