• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Solix 10 Gen 2 Si

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So, yesterday morning first thing I’m poking around on my Solix still looking for undiscovered things. Pretty soon I notice that the touch part of the touch screen is not working. I go through all of the settings that I can find, going as far as to turn off the touch screen and turn it back on to see if that helped… nothing doing.

I called Humminbird and long story short there is a software update I need to run. So now I will go and see if I can find my SD card reader and a micro SD card to download the update onto.. I’ll report back after I run the update. It looks pretty straight forward.

The good news is that I learned that there is a button that will scroll through the displayed screens so you can manipulate them.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update:

Well that was interesting… I completed the software / firmware update on my Solix 10 G 2 control head and the I pilot, and I pilot link hand held remote. It took me a few tries to get it right, it‘s been a long time since I’ve done an operating system update via a SD card.

The first thing I found out was that the instructions were wrong about the size of Micro SD card needed. The instructions state a SD card of 32GB or less can be used with 980MB of free space. I have a few 2GB Micro SD cards that I used for my helmet camera, so I used one of them, only to find out the needed space was 2.1 GB. Found a 32GB M SD card and was off to the races.

Before I began, I turned on my Riptide Ulterra trolling motor, the I Pilot link hand held remote, and the Solix control head. I made sure that all components were talking to each other.

Once I extracted the files from the zip folder you down load you have to just copy the files over to the SD micro card and that’s it. The next drama was that I put the files in a folder before putting them on the Micro SD card. That was a no no. I How did I find that out? The update wouldn’t run. So I went back, erased the Micro SD card moved the extracted files over to the Micro SD card.

Once that was done, when I inserted the Micro SD card in the #1 Lake Master slot the update process began, and a conformation screen popped up, I confirmed and it took about 10-12 mins to update the control head, and a few auto restarts later it was done. When that was completed, I went into the All Tools file and went to the software update section where I could see the update / patch files for the I pilot and I pilot link. I ran the first update, then on the handheld remote screen a prompt popped up saying new software available..install now? I hit yes and that took about 5 mins for the remote to update. Then back to the All Tools section on the control head and tried to run the patch / update for the other I pilot section, got a update failed message. Tried it again, same message. Turn everything off and restart and same update failed message. I opened the I pilot hand held remote, went to System, then About. This page displayed the current software that was on the device. I compared the software updates in the All Tools section which was displaying the files on the SD card, and compared that to what was on the hand held remote. I could see the first I pilot updated file number matched the one on the SD card, but the second one that was failing on the SD card had a lower OS number than the OS number on the hand held remote-so that answered that question. The hand held remotes second set of software had a later version of the OS than the downloaded OS update I had got from Humminbird hmmm..

I tested everything I could while the boat was on the trailer and things seem to work fine.

Something I forgot to do was to export my settings for menu and navigation settings off of the control head onto a SD card before I started.. which I found was in the instructions for the update. Ruh Roh.. I contacted Humminbird support and they told me that it really didn’t matter because the structure of the menu update was such that after the update I could not import my old settings into the newly uploaded software. After all the updating was done I went through every setting I could think of and only a few things seem to be amiss. 1-my favorite views that I had set up was not correct, so I went through and set up my favorite views again. 2- the time format had reverted to a 12 hour clock instead of the 24 hour clock that I had set up. 3-the time zone had gone to EDT from MDT. That was all I could find. All of my map settings, depth contours, depth shading colors etc. looked the same. As did routes and way points.

So as far as I can tell everything is all good to go. I’ll update again if all not was not perfect.

Last edited: