• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Spare Parts To Have On Hand

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A buddy of mine just had his thermostat go out in his relatively new triple digit wake boat. He couldn’t get the part in for over a week, so I bought 2 thermostats for my cheaper peasant boat, lol, to have on hand before we take our long vacation to the Ozarks in a couple weeks. Not that I’ve had cooling issues but that would suck to not have a relatively easy part to change to get back on the water asap.

So what else should I have when it comes to spare parts for my AR230? Strictly for emergencies that are relatively easy to change. I’ve got starting solenoids, spark plugs, one coil pack, fuses, a gate cable, and the thermostats on the way.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A spare set of impellers would be very nice

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
A spare set of impellers would be very nice
When I go on my longer trips I take the box that has the specialty tools as well as the rest of the tools I’ll need to do a R&R of the pumps, thread sealant, gasket maker and a spare set of impellers with me. I figure if I have it with me I won’t need them.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For multiple day trips, in addition to most of what’s listed, I like to take oil, and a spare cleanout plug. Don’t forget your trailer, assuming you’ve got a spare already, I always take an extra set of wheel bearings. Pre-grease the bearings, so you don’t have to drag messy grease with you. See my sig for a tip on the inner race. Of course, all these parts are useless without tools. Almost forgot, I always keep an 12v test light in my kit for diagnostics. And if my thermostat gives out, I would try assembling it without it, or prop it open so I can at least run the boat. I wouldn’t go far, or run her hard, but it should provide the cooling necessary to at least be on the water.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeing this issue first hand maybe have a spare ECU/ECM

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Seeing this issue first hand maybe have a spare ECU/ECM
I’m saving some money to buy one for sure. Since I’ll have to replace the starboard one eventually to get rid of my check engine light with the slant detection switch code if I ever want to run no wake mode on that engine 🫠

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are ECU’s really that much of a thing?

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A set of keys.
That’s something I forgot to mention. I had ten extra keys made, just for shits and giggles. Keep an extra set zip tied in an inconspicuous place just in case I ever need them. Did this because there was one day I aaalllllmost forgot the keys. Came waaayy too close. Made sure it doesn’t happen.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That’s something I forgot to mention. I had ten extra keys made, just for shits and giggles. Keep an extra set zip tied in an inconspicuous place just in case I ever need them. Did this because there was one day I aaalllllmost forgot the keys. Came waaayy too close. Made sure it doesn’t happen.
Absolutely! Don’t do what I did and forget where you hid the spare set though. Ha!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Absolutely! Don’t do what I did and forget where you hid the spare set though. Ha!
Even if I forget, knowing they're somewhere on the boat, I WILL find them. Might take awhile, but I will find them...lol. It's the other 8 spare keys I had made that I will likely lose.