• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Stuff Steering Bushing 4 Pack Full Length

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce , I just submitted a Pay Pal order for another set of the bushings. I want to do it this time the way @swatski installed his by cutting them down and going from the top and bottom. Thanks

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce , I just submitted a Pay Pal order for another set of the bushings. I want to do it this time the way @swatski installed his by cutting them down and going from the top and bottom. Thanks
Would you prefer a set to cut or if you give me a few days I will send you a shorter set based on @swatski's measurements.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in no hurry . If it's not too much extra work for you , I would prefer them already cut down rather than me breaking them !! Still Blue ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in no hurry . If it's not too much extra work for you , I would prefer them already cut down rather than me breaking them !! Still Blue ?
I can do blue.

My thinking is that I will shorten the design to leave a small gap in the middle with one installed from top and one from bottom.

That would not fit inside the forks on my boat so I will continue to use a single bushing from the top. The newer boats replaced the aluminum forks that are on my boat with a stainless version with a wider gap allowing for the bushings top and bottom.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can do blue.

My thinking is that I will shorten the design to leave a small gap in the middle with one installed from top and one from bottom.

That would not fit inside the forks on my boat so I will continue to use a single bushing from the top. The newer boats replaced the aluminum forks that are on my boat with a stainless version with a wider gap allowing for the bushings top and bottom.
I never got to it, sorry! But I would say the shaft length cut exactly in half (without flanges) would give the perfect bushing shaft length in my boat.
This is current situation - couldn't even get to it...
1612397713760.png
:cool:
-

Tafletcher

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just sent a PayPal for a set. Thank you!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just sent a PayPal for a set. Thank you!
Would you prefer a half length @swatski style set to have a flange top and bottom or full length to use from the top?

Shipping may be delayed by a week or so.

E53B0375-8187-434F-AC8D-B9E8D3515216.jpeg

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered, can’t wait to see if this helps some of the play in my steering! Thanks!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added a half length version of the PETG steering bushing so they can be used from the top and bottom.

View attachment 142907

This is the full length version which will only have a flange on top - Steering Bushing 4 Pack Full Length

This is the half length version which allows for flanges top and bottom - Steering Bushing 5 Pack Half Length

@BBottoms, @Acard7 and @Brad_Ct I am sending both lengths to you. Shipping was delayed due to last week's blizzard. Fedex, UPS, and USPS all stopped delivering or picking up. Nothing moved in or out until yesterday.

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I added a half length version of the PETG steering bushing so they can be used from the top and bottom.

View attachment 142907

This is the full length version which will only have a flange on top - Steering Bushing 4 Pack Full Length

This is the half length version which allows for flanges top and bottom - Steering Bushing 5 Pack Half Length

@BBottoms, @Acard7 and @Brad_Ct I am sending both lengths to you. Shipping was delayed due to last week's blizzard. Fedex, UPS, and USPS all stopped delivering or picking up. Nothing moved in or out until yesterday.
Thanks Bruce, not your problem with shipping delays, you can’t control the weather.

Donny Hudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce I bought both because I’m not sure if I need the full length or the half but need to replace both engines bushings on my 2005 sx230. Not sure ?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce I bought both because I’m not sure if I need the full length or the half but need to replace both engines bushings on my 2005 sx230. Not sure ?
Initially I used a metal bushing that had approximately the needed OD but was too tight ID. Those only had a flange on the top. They were expensive and difficult to drill out.

When I first printed the plastic bushings I thought that there was only enough gap in the steering forks on my 2007 SX230 for a flange on top so I created the plastic bushings to be the full length of the arm on the steering nozzle with a single flange.

Later some members with newer boats cut the bushings in half to be able to have a flange on top and bottom. To make that easier I started offering half length bushings.

When I inspect my pumps this year I plan to try the half length bushings and see if I can fit them in there. I may even try to spread the forks a little if needed. I suspect the bolts were overtightened by a previous owner reducing the gap in the forks.

My thinking is that two flanges is a little better than one but one flange is much better than none.

I would be happy to refund one of your orders if you wish. Or you can use whichever fits and have spares.

Donny Hudson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Initially I used a metal bushing that had approximately the needed OD but was too tight ID. Those only had a flange on the top. They were expensive and difficult to drill out.

When I first printed the plastic bushings I thought that there was only enough gap in the steering forks on my 2007 SX230 for a flange on top so I created the plastic bushings to be the full length of the arm on the steering nozzle with a single flange.

Later some members with newer boats cut the bushings in half to be able to have a flange on top and bottom. To make that easier I started offering half length bushings.

When I inspect my pumps this year I plan to try the half length bushings and see if I can fit them in there. I may even try to spread the forks a little if needed. I suspect the bolts were overtightened by a previous owner reducing the gap in the forks.

My thinking is that two flanges is a little better than one but one flange is much better than none.

I would be happy to refund one of your orders if you wish. Or you can use whichever fits and have spares.
Send them both I’ll see what works best and keep you posted. Thank you

razdazbraz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just placed an order for the full length 4 pk.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just placed my order.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi,
I would like to order a set but which one do I order for a 14 SX190?
Is it a preference of flange top and bottom or is there more to it in pump differences over the years on long or short bushing type?

MarcRob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce - Sent a paypal for this just now. I have a 2013 SX190. Can this be sent via USPS to Canada? No rush as boat is in the water now on lift and will only be out in the fall

Last edited: