• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Stuff Steering Bushing 4 Pack Full Length

Cbriasco

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
These are PETG plastic bushings to reduce play in the steering. They are added to the deflector nozzle where the steering rod connects.

Previously I used a set of 5/16 aluminum bushings that I drilled out to fit. This year I switched to this 3D printed design which further reduces the steering play.

Two are needed for installation. The second pair is for future replacement.

This is where the bushings discussion started - Adding bushings to steering deflector nozzle to increase precision (remove slop)

I recommend adding marine grease or silicone grease on all surfaces when you install these. I use a small syringe minus the needle to apply the grease.

To order click the "Buy now" button in the top right corner or click on this sentence which will take you to PayPal.

View attachment 139826
Bruce,
Just bought these and super excited to put them on. About how long is production and shipping?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce - Sent a paypal for this just now. I have a 2013 SX190. Can this be sent via USPS to Canada? No rush as boat is in the water now on lift and will only be out in the fall
Marc I sent two packs of the half length steering bushings in a post card envelope. I think this will get to you and that the half length bushings have a better chance of survival in the envelope. Please let me know when you receive.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce,
Just bought these and super excited to put them on. About how long is production and shipping?
I printed a supply over the winter. This was full. I may need to start printing again soon. The post office typically takes 3 to 4 days to deliver.

5642A19D-C4D4-4729-B1F8-AC82501552F1.jpeg

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just ordered the 5-pack..thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
oops....5 shorts please

MarcRob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Marc I sent two packs of the half length steering bushings in a post card envelope. I think this will get to you and that the half length bushings have a better chance of survival in the envelope. Please let me know when you receive.
Just got mine in Canada. Thanks @Bruce !

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just got mine in Canada. Thanks @Bruce !
How well did they survive the mail? Any damage?

I use a padded envelope for US shipments but that would have cost about twice what the bushings do to Canada.

MarcRob

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How well did they survive the mail? Any damage?

I use a padded envelope for US shipments but that would have cost about twice what the bushings do to Canada.
Might be suprised, but no damage whatsoever. All items intact. I think you’ll have success shipping to Canada this way to keep cost down.

ttahara

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered a pack, thanks Bruce!

LethFT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ordered a set. Much appreciated.

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Just ordered a set!

Thanks for doing the homework on these Bruce!

I noticed a lot of play in the stock steering bushings this evening when doing a thrust vector install on my 2021 SX195 with the stock bushings. I couldn’t get them to line back up and couldn’t believe all the play they have.

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I sent you PM Bruce..

didn’t realize there were two versions of these. I need the 5-pack or the shorter version for my 2021 SX195.

thanks

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce I didn’t read far enough and ordered 4 long bushings. I believe I need the short ones if you could adjust the order. Thanks.
Jeffrey W

Extremneon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Bruce I didn’t read far enough and ordered 4 long bushings. I believe I need the short ones if you could adjust the order. Thanks.
Jeffrey W
Hahah, I did the exact same thing.. 😂

Xixp

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Bruce. Ive just ordered by mistake the full length bushings but my 2017 ar210 takes 4 shorties…
Could you change the order pls?

thanks!
Fernando