• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat Stuff Steering Bushing 5 Pack Half Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
These are PETG plastic bushings to reduce play in the steering. They are added to the deflector nozzle where the steering rod connects.

Previously I had offered a longer version that used one bushing per steering nozzle. These are half length allowing for one to be used from the top and one from the bottom providing a flange on both ends.

Four are needed for installation. The fifth is a spare.

This is where the bushings discussion started - Adding bushings to steering deflector nozzle to increase precision (remove slop)

I recommend adding marine grease or silicone grease on all surfaces when you install these. I use a small syringe minus the needle to apply the grease.

To order click the "Buy now" button in the top right corner or click on this sentence which will take you to PayPal.

ShortBushings.png

four_the_kids

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
These are PETG plastic bushings to reduce play in the steering. They are added to the deflector nozzle where the steering rod connects.

Previously I had offered a longer version that used one bushing per steering nozzle. These are half length allowing for one to be used from the top and one from the bottom providing a flange on both ends.

Four are needed for installation. The fifth is a spare.

This is where the bushings discussion started - Adding bushings to steering deflector nozzle to increase precision (remove slop)

I recommend adding marine grease or silicone grease on all surfaces when you install these. I use a small syringe minus the needle to apply the grease.

To order click the "Buy now" button in the top right corner or click on this sentence which will take you to PayPal.

View attachment 142906
Good morning Bruce,
We just ordered your 5 piece bushing set, blue would be perfect for us (if color choices are available).

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce , installed the half length steering bushings this past weekend. Very good , tight, solid fit. Even had to put some marine grease on the bolt to get it back through the bushings.Better have the steering cable yoke adjusted perfect or it will either crack the bushings or not go at all. I believe that the combination of your bushings and Jeff's (CJS) second tie rod has totally removed the lateral "slop" in the nozzles. Thanks again !!

Bawndo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just ordered a set, is there a color option? Not that it really matters, but curious. These replace the factory white ones correct?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just ordered a set, is there a color option? Not that it really matters, but curious. These replace the factory white ones correct?
Currently what I have are blue. They are barely visible after installation. They do replace the factory bushings with one on top and one on bottom.

Thanks for ordering.

Jgonzalez114

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Bruce I ordered both sets to see which work best with my 2008. Thanks. You can ship them together if its easier.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Bruce I ordered both sets to see which work best with my 2008. Thanks. You can ship them together if its easier.
Thanks, I will get them out tomorrow. I will be curious as to which you prefer.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Bruce
I have the original white bushings and just getting around to installing. Since one bushing fits the whole arm, which side do you recommend putting the flange top or bottom?
Thanks

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Bruce
I have the original white bushings and just getting around to installing. Since one bushing fits the whole arm, which side do you recommend putting the flange top or bottom?
Thanks
I would put the flange on top where the fork would sit on the arm.

The blue and white are the same material and dimensions just a different color.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Makes sense...I'll grease it up and install.
Thanks for the quick response.
423B9C8E-EDE6-4AE0-AFD2-0B7BF47C213D.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just placed an order for the shorter bushings. White is preferred if available. Thank you.

Mike Byrd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hi Bruce, I ordered a set of your bushings. Hopefully these are still available.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Bruce, I ordered a set of your bushings. Hopefully these are still available.
Yes they are. You should receive a tracking number today.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Bruce,:) I sent you my $10.00 for the bushings. I can't wait to get them. I am tired of the slop.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce,

Sent you $10 to upgrade the halves since I did my impellers, mine as well change the bushings.

thanks
Mark

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bruce,

Sent you $10 to upgrade the halves since I did my impellers, mine as well change the bushings.

thanks
Mark
Order received. I plan to send them out today.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bruce, Sent you an order thru Pay Pal. will accept either full length or the 1/2 length steering bushings if available. Thanks Roy

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ordered a set of the 1/2 length bushings. PayPal and check out was flawless. A few days later the bushings arrived as stated, and very well packaged. I'm surprised at how dense the material they are made of is. Not knowing much about 3D printing I guess I was expecting 'made at home' quality that would be purpose specific and easily replaceable when they wear out. These little things are quite solid and are very high quality. I still expect to replace them, as they are a wearable items, but not nearly as often as I originally thought I would.

@Bruce, thank you for such a cool accessory! Can't wait for our boat to be delivered and a fun day of Before & After with these and a few other items we have waiting.

Street glide

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Placed my order couple days and got shipping last night